• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Oh, and my contribution, I OC'd to Texas Roadhouse yesterday, no problem from staff but a strange look from a young lad.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    I OC'd at Gander Mountain in Terre Haute yesterday before going to the range. Yes I know that's no big deal, I know people carry in there a lot, but I normally CC and that was the first time I had OC'd in a while, and the first time carrying my brand spankin' new M&P 9 that I traded for my Glock 17. I bought an extra mag, an NRA T-shirt and a baby outfit for my nephew. Would have liked a complement on my new gun.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    To be honest, I may have been mistaken for a cop by the ER people. I was wearing 5.11 pants, boots, a nice Under Armor polo shirt, I'm in my mid-20's, not fat, and had a haircut two hours before.

Clearly a cop! Heh!

My contribution: Kroger in Crawfordsville yesterday. I would have added the Speedway on the corner of US-31 and 236th St in Hamilton County, but it was so crowded there was nowhere to park.

MrJohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    West Lafayette
    Saw an older guy carrying either a 1911 or revolver (didn't get a good look) in a leather shoulder holster in Walmart in Crawfoldsville last night. I've never seen a more smug look on someones face than that dude strutting around with his elbows high. He definitely wanted everyone to know he was carrying. smh The look on the greeter's face was hilarious though.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Saw an older guy carrying either a 1911 or revolver (didn't get a good look) in a leather shoulder holster in Walmart in Crawfoldsville last night. I've never seen a more smug look on someones face than that dude strutting around with his elbows high. He definitely wanted everyone to know he was carrying. smh The look on the greeter's face was hilarious though.

I only had my elbows out that way because I have a rash under there!

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    OC'd my FN 5.7 in a retention holster to the hardware store in New Carlisle. Everyone was as polite and pleasant to me as I was to them.

First time I have OC'ed in a few years. Was in the area to do some shooting with friends, and didn't feel like switching back to my CC rig.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Everywhere today, as usual. Some random guy in Burger King in Brownsburg asked me "What you packin' there?". "Sig P320", I replied. No further conversation. I still have yet to have a single derogatory word spoken to me about my OC and I've been OC every day since last spring.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Everywhere today, as usual. Some random guy in Burger King in Brownsburg asked me "What you packin' there?". "Sig P320", I replied. No further conversation. I still have yet to have a single derogatory word spoken to me about my OC and I've been OC every day since last spring.

Double Post

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Try Board Ripple, I'd like to compare notes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I do not like that carry openly and your Sig is poopy!

Hah! There's your derogatory words. Oh, wait. Sorry.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Try Board Ripple, I'd like to compare notes.

Given what warthog has experienced twice in Terre Haute (which seems to not be a coincidence), I'm curious if any of the MDA-coached people would likely be found in that area and willing to perform their phony hysteria act.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Broad Ripple is the only place were I received negative comments about OC'ing. We did have a INGO Meet and Greet in Zionsville recently.

Bub's!! In Zionsville! I was there! I openly ate a big elk burger.

Was the Broadripple reaction you received just someone expressing their disapproval, or do you think it was part of an organized effort?

Top Bottom