• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Since last Friday I OC'd at Schoops in Lowell, Dollar General in Roselawn, and yesterday at Cabelas in Hammond and in Wal Mart in Schereville. The only thing I encountered was a young boy standing two people back from me in line say "mom look he has a gun..'' '' why does he have a gun?'' The mom just said back to him "I don't know." Just paid for my items and left.

Heh, I had a similar experience last night. I went to the ATM to cash my refund from the state (yay! :rockwoot:) I realized my hood was popped. I pop my hood when I need to add coolant (slow leak) or take a look at something. I was already at the ATM when I realized that it was popped, but I couldnt remember why. It hit me, I needed some oil! So, I went to WalMart. I felt majorly off balance, since I had opted to not carry my usual two extra mags. Went into WalMart, business as usual. I walked back to see if they had my favorite flavor of Arizona Tea (nope), then back to the front to grab some donuts. Forgot why I was there, headed to go buy some coffee. While I was walking to the coffee isle, some lady leaned over to her husband/boyfriend and acted like she was going to whisper something, then quite loudly she says "He has a gun! Why do you think he has a gun?!?" and had a really puzzled look on her face. I just kept walking. So I bought my donuts and coffee, picked up some milk, checked out, walked to the car and remembered why I originally stopped. Back in, stopped at the sporting goods counter to check ammo prices, bought the oil, left. That was my WalMart OC. Usual McDonalds on County Road 17, and Speedway in Plymouth. WalMart was County Road 6.

Today I went to the UP Mall to drop off something to drink for my girlfriend. Stopped at Gamestop, pre-ordered Call of Duty, again. I dont really need it on PC and 360, but she needs the sales numbers. She prefers it on Xbox, me on PC. She commented on the security guard hitting on her, and her assistant manager agreed. I joked about just sitting in the front of the store, so they wouldnt need a security guard. No big deal.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Here and there in Crawfordsville, and some at the Lafayette Friends of the NRA banquet, depending on when you caught me. Suit coat gets in the way of properly attacking a plate!

I do think I was the only person there that OC'd at all, which surprised me a wee little bit. Then again, I didn't see everybody.

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Arby's in Gas City and Pizza Hut in Fort Wayne.

No one said anything directly to me, but I got some stares at Pizza Hut. The guys started a discussion about carrying guns, but I couldn't hear what their points were.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    To the city hall to drop off my water bill payment. It didn't really count though..... it was 11:00 pm.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Heh, I had a similar experience last night. I went to the ATM to cash my refund from the state (yay! :rockwoot:) I realized my hood was popped. I pop my hood when I need to add coolant (slow leak) or take a look at something. I was already at the ATM when I realized that it was popped, but I couldnt remember why. It hit me, I needed some oil! So, I went to WalMart. I felt majorly off balance, since I had opted to not carry my usual two extra mags. Went into WalMart, business as usual. I walked back to see if they had my favorite flavor of Arizona Tea (nope), then back to the front to grab some donuts. Forgot why I was there, headed to go buy some coffee. While I was walking to the coffee isle, some lady leaned over to her husband/boyfriend and acted like she was going to whisper something, then quite loudly she says "He has a gun! Why do you think he has a gun?!?" and had a really puzzled look on her face. I just kept walking. So I bought my donuts and coffee, picked up some milk, checked out, walked to the car and remembered why I originally stopped. Back in, stopped at the sporting goods counter to check ammo prices, bought the oil, left. That was my WalMart OC. Usual McDonalds on County Road 17, and Speedway in Plymouth. WalMart was County Road 6.

Today I went to the UP Mall to drop off something to drink for my girlfriend. Stopped at Gamestop, pre-ordered Call of Duty, again. I dont really need it on PC and 360, but she needs the sales numbers. She prefers it on Xbox, me on PC. She commented on the security guard hitting on her, and her assistant manager agreed. I joked about just sitting in the front of the store, so they wouldnt need a security guard. No big deal.
    :popcorn:

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I had to scavange for supper tonight. The wife was very busy so I got some take home. Driving by a Subway in New Haven, I decided we needed some white chocolate-macadamia nut cookies. As I was leaving I walked by three of New Haven's finest eating their dinner. I nodded to one of them and he nodded back. My Colt went noticed but unremarked on.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OCed at the Kroger today. Was a cute girl collecting donations for the VA in Indy so I stopped and talked with her for a while with the wife. Finally after eyeballing my hip for 5 minutes, she asked why I carry "that". So I told her just in case because in today's world, you just never know. And that when my kids were born I realized I had to protect them in any possible situation and having "that" aids in that goal. She was like, oh, that's cool! Nothing was said about it after that. We talked for a good 15minutes... Wife had to pretty much end the conversation. Couldn't help it, she was cute! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom