• Status
    Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What are the laws about OC at the voting booths?
    Polling places are not specifically mentioned in any firearm laws/codes that I have read.

Of course, many polling places are in locations where firearms are restricted (schools, government buildings, etc...).

I have carried in my local polling place: small church (no school attached).

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    By their policy, I assume? No law against it that I know of.

Ah, I hadn't gone and checked real quick, but for some reason I associated medical facilites with restricted areas.

It's just government buildings and schools/daycares/mental health facilites and group homes...

I don't know if there's a group home area on the property or not, I don't think so...

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I got some crap today for the first time since I have been OC'ing. I made a fairly substantial deposit at the 1st Source Bank in the Maple Crest Shopping Center in Fort Wayne. The manager, a moussy little woman with a foreign accent, asked me if I was a policeman. I said no. She said carrying a gun in a bank is not a good idea. I asked her why? I then got into a lengthy discussion with a gentleman who said he was a life long member of the NRA and even he wouldn't OC in a bank. I advised him that part of my reason for OCing is to make a political statement and that if we don't start exercising our rights, we will lose them. If anyone has a 1st Source account I think it would be cool if you OD'd at this branch in the next day or two.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just so everyone knows, everything beyond "In other words," in that quote is just someone's debatable opinion and not case law that I'm aware of.

So, Beau... you gonna sneak in some OC bowling while you're back in Indiana? :popcorn:

One would think the IN.gov site would give accurate info, wait, what am I saying? lol

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    at the hospital

doctor gave me an exam and said you can't carry that in the ct scan room.....
    no one called security

On Thursday I OC'd at Lutheran in Fort Wayne while I was getting my knee checked out. I even went back and had some x-rays taken and they didn't even make me empty my pockets, let alone disarm. None of the staff said anything at all about it. :yesway:

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    On Thursday I OC'd at Lutheran in Fort Wayne while I was getting my knee checked out. I even went back and had some x-rays taken and they didn't even make me empty my pockets, let alone disarm. None of the staff said anything at all about it. :yesway:

Haven't seen a post from you in a while! Is Lutheran a hospital? If so, I thought any type of carrying was off limits in a hospital.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes, hospitals are fine, but a few of them may have signs which say something to the effect of:

We have a rule... blah blah... better just legally conceal it while you're here.

Thanks for understanding,

The hospital.

Sometimes they even have a picture of a gun and something that resembles a long lead pipe or a board or something over it with a circle around them.

Long lead pipes are harder to conceal.

;)

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    BD's Mongorian BBQ.

Lady came up to me at the grill, says her entire table was debating if I was a detective or a cop. I said neither, and we discussed it at length. She didn't realize you could OC in Indiana because her friend said you couldn't...

She said she wanted to buy a gun, but her husband wouldn't let her ( -_- ), so she got a rotweiler instead.

So I'm assuming she had the dog sitting next to her table right? What kind of logic is that? You can get a dog for the house, but you are fair game to whoever when you are away. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom