Not open for further replies.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I turned around and walked away leaving her and her daughter at the back door as my son arrived at the back door also to greet them. I am still taken back by the boldness this women had towards me. She was not very happy and made sure I knew about it. I did not waste my breath explaining my 6 years military, prior police officer and life time permit owner. Plus the safety classes I have taken plus the many hours I spend at the range. I was really taken back. The gun was holstered on my hip..I almost told her to take her daughter home.:popcorn:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I turned around and walked away leaving her and her daughter at the back door as my son arrived at the back door also to greet them. I am still taken back by the boldness this women had towards me. She was not very happy and made sure I knew about it. I did not waste my breath explaining my 6 years military, prior police officer and life time permit owner. Plus the safety classes I have taken plus the many hours I spend at the range. I was really taken back. The gun was holstered on my hip..I almost told her to take her daughter home.:popcorn:
    Maybe you can ask her what she'll do to protect your son if he's visiting her home during a time when someone breaks in.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Well if she let her daughter stay then she really wasn't to concerned, reminds me of a lady that ran across the front of Walmart to tell me my gun scared her

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Thanks for all the support this is the first time I have had this thing happen to me and was just really taken back by the whole thing. I guess it really came as a shock to me that someone could be that bold. She was not not polite at all during the whole introduction not polite at all.:popcorn:

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    bradis

I OC at bradis kinda, it was in a blackhawk serpa cqc holster which is a OC holster but it was hard to tell due to my jacket but Im still counting it as an OC

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    My two cents, open carry in public is asking for trouble in my opinion.
    1-Why do you want the bad guy to know what you have?
    2-Brazen bg(s) comes up behind you and takes weapon from you.
    3-You scare someone, they call LEO, LEO is not understanding, you have a bad day.

Taint worth it in my mind.

Many other possible scenario's

1. BG don't attack hard targets
    2. Doesn't happen
    3. Worth it to educate LEO's and the public

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    My two cents, open carry in public is asking for trouble in my opinion.
    1-Why do you want the bad guy to know what you have?
    2-Brazen bg(s) comes up behind you and takes weapon from you.
    3-You scare someone, they call LEO, LEO is not understanding, you have a bad day.

Taint worth it in my mind.

Many other possible scenario's

This is the only time I'm going to break the rule for OC vs CC in this thread.

Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Um...Everywhere.

While sitting in Denny's yesterday my brother tells me that after the hostess sat us she went up to the front and told another lady, "Those guys are carrying guns". We couldn't hear them but he said that is what it looked like she said. He said both women looked over at us and back at each other. The lady she had just told shrugged her shoulders, said something, and went back to her business.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I went on a hunt downtown today for some non-colts NFL jerseys. Apparently, they don't exist. I've got my Jeff Saturday jersey already... but needed something else as a gift.

So, that took me and my USP to Circle Center, City Market (honestly, never been there. I figured it was shops, not just food. So I had some Enzo's pizza), Greenwood Park Mall, then back to Starbucks to wallow in my failure to find a jersey.

Admittedly, when I saw City Market was essentially a prison cafeteria, complete with 15 cops walking around, I covered up. :dunno:

Awesomely, though, at Greenwood... I went to the Simon Customer Service desk in the middle. There was a Security Guard balancing on her Segway talking to the Simon people. I asked the two of them if they knew a place that had jerseys... They didn't seem to mind my OC.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I went on a hunt downtown today for some non-colts NFL jerseys. Apparently, they don't exist.

I have to order all of my NFL gear from NFLshop.com .... I dont think ive ever seen a patriots anything in this state. I think the only other team I have NEVER seen here is the ravens. Although, id imagine thats because of the whole baltimore colts thing.

sp9dgw.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Well didn't really intend on OC'ing but went to lunch today with my wonderful lady at Olive Garden actually CC'ing but they stuck us in a room that was like 80 degrees so had to pull my hoodie off to keep from sweating and sort of kept things covered by drapping my hoodie over the side of my chair but walking out I just said the hell with it and threw my hoodie over my shoulder and OC'd out. Some times I get tired of trying to CC without having a print or glimpse of my weapon be exposed.

But 98% of the time no one knows I carry..

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I CCed to the gas station. Looked over at the parked car to my left and two dudes were staring me down. I got out of my car and didnt realize my jacked got tucked under my glock. I got out of the car and I think the saw it. They immediately looked straight ahead and didnt look over again (until i turned around im sure). I noticed it got tucked and fixed it right away. It was just funny I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom