• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    So what is everyone's definition of OC and CC? I carry my 9mm in either IWB leather or a Fobus and my LCP in a DeSantis Nemesis or a Fobus. Either way, they are CC because my jacket, sweatshirt or t-shirt covers them. I never tuck my shirts in.

So is OC carrying in a holster that hangs down lower on the outside?

Just trying to getting an understanding or others opinions on it

Thanks.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I know there's a lot of different discussions on this, and I know I've posted in them, but I'll leave it to you to dig.

I OC because I generally wear shirts tucked in, and my holster is OWB. If I have a sweatshirt or an overshirt that covers, but not fully, or it gets exposed as I get in and out of the car, or whatever, I call it "hybrid" carry as I don't care if I'm exposed or sticking out under my shirt. If I've got a jacket, winter coat or some other garment that covers that doesn't expose my sidearm regularly, I'm CCing.

I have done the "Virginia tuck" when wearing something that covers my sidearm, so that it was exposed purposefully either so it would stop catching and annoying me, or so that it was at the ready. I've also done the opposite, by tucking my cover garment up under my sidearm and behind my holster, so as to make sure my sidearm wasn't accidentally exposed.

I am going to look into other holsters and IWB vs. OWB eventually. I actually like the holster I'm using right now, as it fits my needs perfectly. But I know I'll need a different option for specific carry needs eventually.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This morning at Starbucks... finally not wearing a coat outside, so I can return to my full-OC comfort. Cop comes in behind me, and just offers a hearty "Morning!"

Coffee was a bit on the cold side.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Haha... To each their own! You say burnt, I say distinguished and earthy!

So, BW3 tonight for a couple hours. Not a single word about the gun, as usual, but someone threw a fit when I showed my new brass knuckles to a friend. Because that's definitely over the line. :P

Ah well

rebr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    southlake mall/westfield shopping center. after about 45 minutes a hobart police officer told me that i "have to conceal that. you can't just wear it out in the open."

i offered to untuck my shirt while politely explaining that he was wrong and that there was a difference between a LTC and a CCW. he didn't really seem to believe me and generally seemed unaccustomed to being told he was wrong and just sort of walked around after i untucked my shirt.

stangman35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Ladoga, 47954
    southlake mall/westfield shopping center. after about 45 minutes a hobart police officer told me that i "have to conceal that. you can't just wear it out in the open."

i offered to untuck my shirt while politely explaining that he was wrong and that there was a difference between a LTC and a CCW. he didn't really seem to believe me and generally seemed unaccustomed to being told he was wrong and just sort of walked around after i untucked my shirt.

Its a shame so many police officers dont know its not against the law,you would think gun law would be one of the top things to know.:dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks and Olive Garden.

Typically never have any issues at OG, but tonight was out of the ordinary. Was an hourlong wait, place was full. When we were finally seated, the two managers kept talking to each other across the resturant and looking/pointing at me. Sure, I'm assuming, but oh well. They never said anything to me, but walked by plenty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom