• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Aside from the fact that even for a fast food side salad, their salad sucked, I've been staying away from certain fast food places lately and I'm being reminded why even several hours later.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    +1 for Fry's Electronics on Monday. Went to buy a fridge. Was working with the manager there when another employee walks up and asks "Are you a cop?"; "No ma'am"; "A detective?" "Nope" (I thought detectives were still cops?) but the manager pipped up and told her "He's just a smart citizen."

Turns out he carries a USP when he's not at work. Good experience there.

Then out to Five guys for lunch!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    +1 for Fry's Electronics on Monday. Went to buy a fridge. Was working with the manager there when another employee walks up and asks "Are you a cop?"; "No ma'am"; "A detective?" "Nope" (I thought detectives were still cops?) but the manager pipped up and told her "He's just a smart citizen."

Turns out he carries a USP when he's not at work. Good experience there.

Then out to Five guys for lunch!

That's great. I would have pegged Fry's for being anti-gun... guess I was wrong. I stopped going there because they demand to see receipts on your way out (which I kindly refuse and continue out)... and I've never been a fan of being treated like a thief when I shop somewhere.

May have to give them a bit of my business here soon.

Last night - Speedway in Greenwood, Starbucks x2, Walmart in Greenwood (co line/emerson).
    This morning - Starbucks... I'm so ashamed.

There were two men being arrested at the Speedway. The lady with them kept running back and forth between the cop and the gas station to use the phone. An older woman pulled up next to me and said "Sucks to be them!"

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    That's great. I would have pegged Fry's for being anti-gun... guess I was wrong. I stopped going there because they demand to see receipts on your way out (which I kindly refuse and continue out)... and I've never been a fan of being treated like a thief when I shop somewhere.

May have to give them a bit of my business here soon.

Last night - Speedway in Greenwood, Starbucks x2, Walmart in Greenwood (co line/emerson).
    This morning - Starbucks... I'm so ashamed.

There were two men being arrested at the Speedway. The lady with them kept running back and forth between the cop and the gas station to use the phone. An older woman pulled up next to me and said "Sucks to be them!"

Same reason I quit shopping at Fry's... I've also had lots of hassle at my local Wal-Mart on checking receipts for no reason, every time that's happened I've returned everything in my cart immediately.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Same reason I quit shopping at Fry's... I've also had lots of hassle at my local Wal-Mart on checking receipts for no reason, every time that's happened I've returned everything in my cart immediately.

"You don't have to return anything. You just say "No thank you" and walk out. If you get hassled, or stopped, then you're being illegally detained.

I can see the "sticking it to them" part of returning everything though.

Sam's Club is the only place you actually have to show them, unfortunately... since you signed an agreement when you joined.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    "You don't have to return anything. You just say "No thank you" and walk out. If you get hassled, or stopped, then you're being illegally detained.

I can see the "sticking it to them" part of returning everything though.

Sam's Club is the only place you actually have to show them, unfortunately... since you signed an agreement when you joined.

I had the Night Manager at the BG WalMart tell me...

"As a former Police Officer, I can tell you that I CAN detain you for any reason I see fit!"

:rolleyes:

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    A+ for Abuelos Mexican restaurant:yesway:!!! OCied my S&W 686 4" :rockwoot: the manager (who I've seen before there) asked the usual questions of why I carry... he was very polite and seemed interested. so a very good experience!
    -TW

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom