• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Friday I OC'd around Columbus, Seymour, Franklin and up in Carmel several places. Only had one conversation with an inquisitive restaurant manager. Yesterday, I only OC'd grilling some steaks out in front of the house. Today, I OC'd around Heritage Days in Hope, even stopping to talk to one of the local cops I'm acquainted with.

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    First OC yesterday! Down here in Florida OC is pretty heavily restricted. I went fishing on the pier down here. Quite a few people asked about my gun because you just don't see it much down here. No problems at all. PLUS catching a couple nice flounder made for a great dinner!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    First OC yesterday! Down here in Florida OC is pretty heavily restricted. I went fishing on the pier down here. Quite a few people asked about my gun because you just don't see it much down here. No problems at all. PLUS catching a couple nice flounder made for a great dinner!

Careful... Florida isn't technically an OC state, I don't think.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Florida

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I OC'd on my bicycle with my wife in several residential neighborhoods in Brownsburg this afternoon. It was mostly uneventful, but I had two distinct events. The first was when we rode past a bunch of kids playing football. Mostly they were in the 10-12 yr old range, so I wasn't concerned. But then I spotted a 5 yr old girl, and she was definitely eyeing me up for a sneak attack. Luckily I have a pretty fast bike.

the second was my wife. She asked "Are you going to cover that thing up?" So I said "No." Then she said "People will either think you're a Soldier, or a Hillbilly. You can guess which one I'm thinking" :rockwoot::laugh: :laugh: :rockwoot:

I just smiled.:):

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I OC'd on my bicycle with my wife in several residential neighborhoods in Brownsburg this afternoon. It was mostly uneventful, but I had two distinct events. The first was when we rode past a bunch of kids playing football. Mostly they were in the 10-12 yr old range, so I wasn't concerned. But then I spotted a 5 yr old girl, and she was definitely eyeing me up for a sneak attack. Luckily I have a pretty fast bike.

the second was my wife. She asked "Are you going to cover that thing up?" So I said "No." Then she said "People will either think you're a Soldier, or a Hillbilly. You can guess which one I'm thinking" :rockwoot::laugh: :laugh: :rockwoot:

I just smiled.:):
    Ask your wife to define "hillbilly." My son-in-law in Valparaiso considers anyone south of US 30 one.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I was out and about after work- Avon Barnes and Noble and the Applebees in Avon.

No issues.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    First time OC'ing today. I went to parti-pak liquor on Stop 11. A couple customers' gazes followed me a little longer than usual and the lady at the counter remarked she thought I was a police officer but didn't change her manner once I told her I wasn't. I have to say it's nice not carrying IWB every once in a while.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    First time OC'ing today. I went to parti-pak liquor on Stop 11. A couple customers' gazes followed me a little longer than usual and the lady at the counter remarked she thought I was a police officer but didn't change her manner once I told her I wasn't. I have to say it's nice not carrying IWB every once in a while.

Congrats on your first OC! I think we're all just glad to hear a 5-year-old girl didn't run up to you while you were in the liquor store and grab your weapon right out of your holster!

On a serious note, it is good to hear that you tried it out for the first time. OC isn't just about showing off "how big of a man you are," as some people perceive it. As you mentioned, it is sometimes simply about being more comfortable.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wasn't technically OC, but I just left Pot Belly's downtown. Saw a man carrying a Taurus subcompact on his 5:00. I approached and asked what he's carrying, then noticed his police hat and badge.

He told me it was his off-duty carry (NO WAY AN OFFICER THAT OC'S OFF-DUTY?) we talked for a while in line, he told me his other guns, told him what I carry, he talks about shooting competitions and whatnot. Turns out he's a Terre Haute officer up here for a conference. He was an older gentleman, and very nice. Definitely didn't care that I told him I carry, and we had a good talk about the Colts and the Superbowl

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I carried the first time today. The family went out to eat with some friends. I carried it about 5:30 position under my shirt, keep checking to make sure it was covered only because it was my first time and didn't want any trouble this time out.

Going yard selling with my wife tomorrow and plan on carrying then also but OC at my 3:00

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I carried the first time today. The family went out to eat with some friends. I carried it about 5:30 position under my shirt, keep checking to make sure it was covered only because it was my first time and didn't want any trouble this time out.

Going yard selling with my wife tomorrow and plan on carrying then also but OC at my 3:00

You should have posted it in the "Where will you OC?" thread if you havent OC yet. :D

Hope no 5 years old girl is at the yard sale tomorrow.

All jokes aside, im glad you carry. :yesway:

You haven't told what gun it was.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Thorntons at St. Joe, Wesselmans on Fulton, Shoe Carnival eastside, Schlotskys, Paradise Organics in Newburgh, CVS on Sontag, Wesselmans on Sontag. All the details in my post on "Carrying for the Cause"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom