• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    My day is just starting but I went to the other job picked up a check and went to eat at arbys the guy behind the counter asked if my G23 was a 9mm I said no .40 he looks around at my hip as to get a better look at is and says so it is :): Now I don't know how he could tell with it in the holster with no markings visiable. He says they don't let me carry mine here.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    The ol' lady and myself went grocery shopping yesterday, it also happened to be the day I got my new KA-BAR warthog tanto knife.

I was walking around the store with my pocket knife and pistol visable, my fiancee and her sister were making fun of me throughout the store; saying I look like a nerd etc.

There was a family of about 5, a woman spotted my 1911 and made a comment "OMG, that guy has a gun on his side" this naturally caused their entire family to start looking at me and my pistol. I kept thinking "WTF" this is uncomfortable, so I just smiled and nodded and proceeded to shop.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You were open carrying in a smart carry? Did you forget to wear your pants???
    :flasher:

Thong. I think I'm going to start OC'ing that way, too.

Admit it, you all want to see a 5'6" 200 lb, hairy dude OC'ing a Beretta in a thong and a smart carry.

Try getting that image from your head :D

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Thong. I think I'm going to start OC'ing that way, too.

Admit it, you all want to see a 5'6" 200 lb, hairy dude OC'ing a Beretta in a thong and a smart carry.

Try getting that image from your head :D

You'll get frostbite when you're in the Arctic. :cool:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'm OC'ing at work today...my wife comes to work and says "that shirt looks stupid tucked in" :):
    She saw the disappointment in my expression and quickly changed her comment to: "I guess it looks ok, I'm just not use to seeing you with your shirts tucked in." :)

SBG40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN.
    Hey I open carry all the time , and i do it all over the area where i live , On the north west side - pike ,and i have done it in the down town area aswell , you can oc here in Indy, any where.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I open carried on my walk to Walgreens last night when I went to buy some snacks. No problems at all. A patrol car happened to drive past on both legs of my walk but they either didnt see my gun or didnt care.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well since I just got my permit yesterday, and haven't gone out to buy an IWB yet, I decided I would try to OC today. Went to FedEx Kinkos to get copies and laminated my permit, returned some stuff at Home Depot, and then went to eat at Subway. All of them on 26 & 52 in Lafayette.

Have to say it did feel a bit awkward, but I'm not sure if it was the fact that I OC'd or just the fact that I had a gun on me for the first time in public. I'm thinking more of that latter, but none the less I tried to keep my right side away from people, and kept my arms down a bit.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    OC'd all day yesterday...started off at work, then afterward took the wife shopping.
    First went to Johnathan Byrds for dinner, then stopped in Bed, Bath & Beyond and followed that up with about an hour + at Kohls. I noticed a few people that were looking at me strangely, but no one said anything to me directly, so was a good day for OC.
    Today I OC'd at Walmart while picking up a few items along with a father's day card for next weekend. They were really busy and it really didn't appear anyone even noticed. If they did, my back was to them, which is where I carry anyway at 5 o'clock with a Kydex IWB holster with my shirt tucked in..

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Took a bike ride to County Market with Cathy and Sean. It's not uncommon for me to see folks taking notice, and this evening was no exception. No one had anything to say of course.

I'm wondering if the Beretta is standing out more than some folks with smaller guns, perhaps that would explain more people taking note? I wasn't particularly poorly dressed for a casual Saturday, I wouldn't think my clothes were particularly noteworthy. And I was wearing a hate, so my finely styled hair shouldn't have been attracting looks.

003-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I don't think Fobus makes a bad holster. I have one for my Mak and for my HiPoint.

I carried at a fancy restaurant with my wife for her birthday. I was dressed nicely. That may matter a bit as to whether one gets the evil eye. Very comfortable to oc.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm OC'ing at work today...my wife comes to work and says "that shirt looks stupid tucked in" :):
    She saw the disappointment in my expression and quickly changed her comment to: "I guess it looks ok, I'm just not use to seeing you with your shirts tucked in." :)
    I get the same thing from my wife. She would rather me leave my shirt untucked and tuck the side of the shirt behind my pistol.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I went to walmart on 38th and fishing this afternoon with my g19 in a fobus and my shirt behind it. no negative attention, but I did get some "looks"

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Wally World off 65 and County line. Was in there for 2 hours getting groceries. When I walked in there where 2 greeters at the door and they didn't say a word. I didn't notice any looks and had no problems. I did however see an off duty IMPD officer drive by me in the parking lot as I was walking out. Funny thing is, he was the guy behind me in the check out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom