• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I live in Brookville In, and drive to Harrison Oh everyday for work. I hate looking at buying reloading supplies online due to the near 30 bucks just for hazmat. I was wondering where do those of you who live in my neck woods buy your supplies at. I'm specifically looking for 10x powder and Winchester large rifle magnum primers. But I would like to find a shop to hopefully supply all my needs that's within driving distance.

thanks,
    Joe

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Guns & Tackle in Greensburg carries some reloading supplies and I believe the Bang shop in Morris may carry primers. you might try point blank on harrision avenue outside miamitown for some.....

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I was I'm gun and tackle last week, they didn't have what I was looking for. I'm hoping there was a shop around that kept a larger amount supplies and maybe some equipment, but I don't know of any. I've been to point blank several times but never noticed reloading supplies. But I mainly just go if I want to fondle some handguns. They have a pretty good selection. Never bought anything from them.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Going the other way from you, but Fields Outdoors in Rushville usually has primer & powder at a reasonable price. Their "boolit" pricing is a little high.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I had overlooked Feilds . I've heard good things about them but never been up there. I'll have to give them a call and see what they have in.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I had overlooked Feilds . I've heard good things about them but never been up there. I'll have to give them a call and see what they have in.

Yeah, I live in Batesville, so I'm kinda in the same boat. I get primers & powders from Fields and order the "boolits" online...

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Yeah, I live in Batesville, so I'm kinda in the same boat. I get primers & powders from Fields and order the "boolits" online...

Yeah i don't mind buying the "boolits" online but those hazmat charges are ridiculous. I don't reload enough to order so much that it dosen't seem bad.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I think I need to start going to more gun shows to find it. I just need to research all my pricing before I do that. If you do order online where do you buy from?

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    For powder+primers online "http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ "
    Have used them ^^^ for a long time now-GREAT people to deal with at a fair price..Bill.

Powder Valley, Inc.

Those are some really good prices. I would probably order if they had everything I needed. But the only had the powder I need. Thank you though I will keep an eye in these guys.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If you are willing to travel a moderate distance over to near Connersville, there's an excellent gun shop in the country near there called "Matt's Custom Guns" that has a very impressive reloading supply selection, including bullets, brass, dies, presses, and YES a ton of different types of powder and primers.
    It's clearly a sole proprietorship type of shop in a pole barn type structure behind a house.

I even wrote down the names of the most of the handgun powders he has, although he also has a huge selection of rifle powders:
    Titegroup
    CFE Pistol
    HP38
    HS6
    W231
    W296
    W Autocomp
    Lil' Gun
    IMR 4227
    H110
    Ramshot True Blue

Here's the address (yes, I drove right up to the driveway directly using my GPS:

Matt's Custom Guns
    765-825-3418
    3762 North County Road 450 East
    Connersville, IN 47331
    9-5 Monday-Friday

Highly recommended.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Connersville isn't that far away. I would have a hard time making it there before 5:00. Do you think he would stay open if I called ahead and was a half hour late at the most.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Connersville isn't that far away. I would have a hard time making it there before 5:00. Do you think he would stay open if I called ahead and was a half hour late at the most.

I'm unsure about that, but the worst than can happen is that he'll say no.
    As a recommendation to you, I'd bet he'd be far more likely to agree to wait for you if you called ahead and asked for a specific amount and types of powder, with the understanding that you would get those without making him wait around very long.
    As I said, I highly recommend the shop, and I forgot to mention that he also has a pretty nice small selection of nice guns, including two that I've always wanted to see and finally got to hold in my hands and drool over before handing them over a little wistfully: Ruger 77/22 and CZ-452.
    He also has a bunch of other reloading equipment.
    If you can take a day off or leave early from work, it's definitely a nice place to hang around for a while to see if there's anything else you might want.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Matts Custom Guns is your best bet in my area. He is kind of an "off the beaten path" dealer with a great selection. I called him during one of the panic's knowing I was wasting my time, and ended up walking out with 32 LBS of Varget.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Sounds like like I definitely need to give Matt a call. I wish I could go today but I'm picking up a 452 scout for my son at Tristate custom guns. I think that's right it use to be Tristate gun cleaning service. He recently changed the name.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The way to do well with Hazmat is to order 45 lbs of something at the time. The Hazmat is fixed up to 50 lbs, and the shipping will be about $15. That makes about $42.50 overhead. Divide that by 45 pounds of product, it is about $1.00 per pound. That is acceptable. The same overhead against two or three pounds of product, is obscene.

It helps that they have changed the rules and allow primers to ship with powder. Adding 10,000 primers, especially shotshell primers, makes 40 plus pounds pretty easily.
    The buddy system will definately help Low volume shooters.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Called around today, most of the place had one or the other of the things km looking for. Point blank does not carry reloading components. I tried calling afeilds just down the road from point blank but they are only open Wednesday-Friday 11:00-5:00. Wasn't able to get the 452 today so after work tomorrow that's first in the list, then hopefully go get everything I'm looking for.

Top Bottom