• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    This might come up as the stupid question of the hour, but help me out. I've got a couple of rifles that need slings, and the only way I can see to mount any kind of sling is if it has a clip on both ends - not the screw in kind like you often see. I don't need something exotic or tactical, just something to get it on my shoulder with. I looked at ChinaMart and Cabela's both today, and all they have is the "normal" kind that you screw into a mounting hole. Does anyone know where - brick and mortar or online - I can get some plain slings with little clips (like you'd have on the end of a dog leash)?

PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    That looks good, but it's the wrong kind of clips. I have one sling just like I need, but I need 2 more and I have NO idea where I got it! It looks like this:

IMG_7972.jpg

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    That looks like my laptop case shoulder strap. Or a duffle bag strap...not say it is but those might work....I've got alot of red neck in me.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Try your local army surplus shop if you have one. I picked up a few straps similar to the one in your photo for next to nothing. The sign on the shelf said shoulder strap for duffle bag. I put one on an ak which worked out great.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Slings attachments like that go by variety of names. I've seen them called AI hooks, as in the ones Accuracy International uses, HK snaps, as in HK's version. ITW calls theirs Mash Hooks.

I know several of the tactical sling makers offer them as an option, Vickers and TIS off the top of my head. I'm sure there are several sources out there if you Google the above terms.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    dude, when i see you next i'll show you my magpul sling... it's great and you can get it anywhere. It makes an excellent 1or2 pointer.

cranduit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    I picked up a Boonie Packers sling (maybe the cinchable two point, I really don't remember) and it worked out quite well I think. Saved me a bit over a VTAC or something like that. Though I have to admit I haven't used anything else for more than 5 mins.

Top Bottom