Where do you carry your knife on your body?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    As far as my experience and knowledge goes, there is no specific doctrine on the "Wave" function.

What is taught, however, is not to RELY upon the Wave as the only way to open the knife when drawing. Nothing is perfect. MBC'ers will practice hundreds of hours perfecting the "Flip" to manually open their knives, but will also follow up with a two-handed or one-handed "Thumb" open.

The truth is, you can't guarantee that any particular method will work with a folder, so it's best to practice and familiarize yourself with the various methods.

I've been using Wave'd knives since Ernie first offered the idea. I know it's been at least 15 years and I have several of his early Wave styles. I've been using them daily and practicing with them, so when I "found" MBC, that's one of the things I kept.

The Professor

hondaCBR

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Indiana
    I do not EDC a my knife religiously but when I do it is always in my right front pocket (because I am right handed and its a folder). My clip has snagged a few times and it does not hold tight like it used to and I am afraid to loose it. Was a gift from a good friend

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    belt clip - right front pocket / When the belt clip gets loose; I just take the clip off and give it a gentle bend to get the tension back on my pocket knife.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This. My knife is on me anytime I have pants on. Bent the **** out of my clip yesterday when it snagged on my seat belt. Unscrewed the clip from the knife, chucked the clip in the bench vise, and gently bent the clip a bit. Screwed the clip back on the knife, and it's better than new again.

belt clip - right front pocket / When the belt clip gets loose; I just take the clip off and give it a gentle bend to get the tension back on my pocket knife.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    RF Emerson Commander or Sheepdog, LF Spydie Salt, Emerson LaGriffe necker, and SLCC IWB behind left hip, or an ESEE Izulajust left of centerline horizontal.

Top Bottom