• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madgenius85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    terre haute
    Hey guys im new to the forum and im getting into reloading. I know this has probably been posted a 100 times but where do you guys buy your supplies like powder,primers,cases,and bullets? Ive done some searching online but i know theres places i havent heard of? Im going to start at 9mm first. Any help would be great. Thanks.

maverick5990

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Plainfield
    Hey guys im new to the forum and im getting into reloading. I know this has probably been posted a 100 times but where do you guys buy your supplies like powder,primers,cases,and bullets? Ive done some searching online but i know theres places i havent heard of? Im going to start at 9mm first. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Do your homework and research previous threads. All the info is there.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The guy above is partially correct...let me expound on his comment...

First off...welcome to the forum...

Secondly, there's a sticky at the top of the Ammo section of this forum on reloading...gives some great info on where to get the info you're looking for.

On primers and powder, its stupid expensive to get things shipped so I think its best to find it local. Profire is on the west side of Indy and stock reloading supplies. There are other places as well but I can't think of them.

Other info, I'd suggest looking in the sticky and then ask some questions...

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I drive around the state quite a bit for work so I get to stop into lots of shops and find stuff here and there.
    Primers are not hard to find now, but powder is tough.
    I get bullets from X-Treme.com
    I found a great deal on primers at the last Indy1500 gun show. 5000 CCI #500 small pistol primers for $150 cash.

Just get out there and look. Supplies won't fall in your lap.

Para19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Bullets-xtreme, Rocky Mountain reloading or Montana Gold
    Powder-Indiana Gun Club, Fields Outdoors, Indy 1500, Profire Arms
    Primers-Indiana Gun Club, Fields Outdoors, Indy 1500, Profire Arms

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I like to shop at the more expensive places, that way I know the product works better.

Ok j/k. If you like to buy in bulk powder valley is a great online source. Periodically, I'll get a group order with my friends.

madgenius85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    terre haute
    Thanks for the information. Im trying to buy powder and primers local to avoid hazard fees and dont have a group of guys i shoot with to go in on it. The places ive checked around here dont really have anything. I found one shop that had primers.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Local:
    atterbury shooting complex
    indiana gun club
    profire
    Indy 1500 gun and knife show

Online:
    Bullets.com
    grafs.com
    Midsouthshooterssupply.com
    gamaliel.com
    Powder valley

these are all the people who I have done business with and would not hesitate to recommend. Buy powders/primers locally. Other components, projectiles, reloading equipement you have to look around and be resourceful. I've had to buy quite a bit of my stuff online as I've not been able to get locally. I've tried to order locally but have had mixed results in getting what I need in a timely matter.

As far as 9mm goes, Profire had Berry's bullets in 9mm when I was there last week. Check them out. If I were you, I would have a list of suitable powders/primers etc and call Profire and then indy gun club. Between the 2, yiu should be able to get what you need to rock and roll. Now. Indiana Gun Club will only have powder, primers, and shotshell reloading supplies, so you wont get any metallic projectiles there.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I forgot about Atterbury. I was in there a couple weeks ago and their shelves were full of powder...but nothing I was looking for.

Pistol powder is tough right now. I paid too much for a 1 lb jug of Titegroup at the 1500...just because it meant I could start reloading something.

Lots of places have rifle powder, though....I've heard. At the 1500 there was lots of rifle powder(I bought a couple lbs of 4064)...but not much for pistol.

iunderpressure

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2014
    Corydon
    For shotgun reloading, you will not beat Indiana Creek in Georgetown.

For rifle and pistol, I like Midway USA, but I shop around online before I buy.

Top Bottom