Where do you keep your home defense shotgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For you guys that are using a shotgun for home defense, where do you keep it?

Maybe some of you keep it in the safe but I want something with a quicker access.
    I was thinking to just keep it under the bed.
    Im not sure if it will just collect dust if I do that or if I should keep it in an unzipped case (see picture).

571432.jpg

Do you have some type of special mount under your bed or on the wall, maybe inside a closet?

:dunno:

I guess it depends on each person/situation but I would like to hear what is your setup and why you think its the best thing for you.

:ingo:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    right inside my closet door, in the corner next to my gun cabinet. I keep the safety off, none in the chamber, but with a full tube and ready to go, (dry-fired so all i do is pick it up and pump it).

quick access since i have smooth sliding closet doors and the closet is about 3 quick steps from my bed.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For you guys that are using a shotgun for home defense, where do you keep it?:ingo:

I bought a couple vinyl coated bicycle hooks and mounted them right above the bedroom door. My 12 ga hangs right over the doorway on my way out of the bedroom. High enough that the grand kids can't get to it and handy as heck if I need it in a hurry. If someone didn't know it was there, it would rarely be noticed.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    cuddled up in bed with me . . . . . . . . . .just kidding my girlfriend wont let anymore she says its to cold . . . .shes just not as dedicated to firearms

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Mine is velcro'd underneath the top of my bed's headboard, can't see it unless you're looking directly up under the overhang but in an emergency situation it's just a hard yank away from being in action.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Mine leans up against the headboard when I am in bed, right next to the 1911 hanging in its shoulder holster. It wouldnt be much good in the closet or safe if I actually needed it.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    My mav 88 is in the corner next to the bed covered. pipe full,nothing chambered & dry fired. my .40 is on the bench next to the bed. I have been thinking about hanging it above the bedroom door, but it is a little too high.

Top Bottom