• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ehoward

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Anyone hunt crow in the first place? And second, do you have a public place you can go to with success?

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    In the first place ... You should not hunt crow at all. They are smart birds.
    You should hunt and kill any and all of the following:
    Squirrels (aka "tree rats")
    Brown Headed cowbirds (especially females).
    Just messing with you (but I'm serious about extermination of the above).

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hoosier natl Forrest allows hunting of all sorts of things. I noticed once when I was going down there that there is a crow season but didn't have a specific cal rating. I stopped in to the ranger station and asked a kind gentelman about it and he didn't know either. He got on the horn a asked a few others and came back to me with an answer of:

"well son, it appears that if you have a licence for a full auto 50 cal and wanna shoot some crows, let er rip! Just be aware of your backdrop."

So FYI, you can shoot em with whatever you feel the need to.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hoosier national is as good as any other. I like the edges of corn fields where the the fields are lined with mature trees as well. A good crow call helps as well. I have found the best are from a guy in Erie, pa, Tom Comi. The calls are much better than what I have found in the stores.

jackadew

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Washington Co.
    Just about any public land will do for crow hunting. I like to go early mornings, and i tend to move around more than alot of people do. The reason i call from different places, is because if your not hearing crows most likely there are none close enough to hear you. Good camo and a good place to hide while you are calling is the key to success, they only have to see you once. I mostly use electronic calls, but have called them in by just useing my mouth. A cedar grove is a good place to call from. Season runs from July 1, 2011 thru Aug. 15, 2011 and Dec. 13, 2011 thru March 1, 2012.

Top Bottom