• ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Where do you shop?
    I’d like to know where you do and were you will not shop. This being the Christmas Season the subject seems to be appropriate.
    Personally I will not shop at Target for the obvious reasons that they are French owned, not at all gun friendly and won’t even let the Salvation Army ring bells in front of their stores.
    What is your favorite and least favorite stores for you required shopping????

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The internet. Similar or lower prices, no tax if items purchased from retailers out of state, and best of all...no interaction with the most selfish, snobby, attitude having retail shoppers of suburbia.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    This year a few folks will be getting stuff from the liquor store! Last year, a lot came from Lowes & Home Depot. And lots of online shopping.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    amazon works best always shows up within a few days delivery fee and tax free...then best buy and meijer(local shopping)
    target blows dont like their policies about charity orgs(ie salv army)

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Where do you shop?
    I’d like to know where you do and were you will not shop. This being the Christmas Season the subject seems to be appropriate.
    Personally I will not shop at Target for the obvious reasons that they are French owned, not at all gun friendly and won’t even let the Salvation Army ring bells in front of their stores.
    What is your favorite and least favorite stores for you required shopping????

Target Corp is not French owned and while yeah they don't allow the Salvation Army bell ringers, they also don't allow any other outside org or solicitation. They do however partner with the SA and contribute quite a bit.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Liquor store and local street pharmacists. Depending on if I've drawn my pastor's name in our secret Santa thing, I'll spend a little time auditioning street walkers. I NEED to know that the $15 isn't going to go to waste.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    We do a variety of stores for our Christmas shopping, but NEVER GO NEAR THE STORES ON BLACK FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just a trigger for total insanity!

Our daughter is older now, so we usually give her gift certificates to some of the local Mall stores, as well as ones here in town that she likes. I am in the process of teaching her about the "4C's" as well. :): (Color, Cut, Clarity & Carat)

Bill is easy, a gift certificate to anywhere or anything gun related. It'll be a Years Membership to Applied Ballistics this year, and any incidentals he can think up, preferably within my price range.

I'm easy as well. Gift certificates to Walmart, Meijers, and places like that. But my favorite of favorites is a outlet /catalog store I found. Their quality is outstanding! They also are set up to handle all price ranges, from "Free" (which it is, but you have to pay S&H) to $50., $50 to $100., and so on. Their quality FAR surpasses QVC, HSN, and any of the other TV or online stores that you see. (PM me for details and I'll give you their address to their online store. Both guys and gals can likely find something here for the other one at very reasonable prices.)

All of us are easy, but rather picky, so gift certificates or pre-picked out presents work the best. Surprises work too, usually the edible kind. We've already got our wants and gift wishes picked out. We do that through out the year, so it's not such a financial slam at the end. Amazon and Overstocked.com are good last minute places. This way all that's left is to finish ordering, and then wrap them for under the tree. Even tho we know most of the time what's there, it's still fun on Christmas morning to open our presents and exchange hugs and kisses, and ooooooo's,and ahhhhhh's, especially if there does happen to be a surprise or two.

Even our 3 boys have Christmas Stockings hung up on the hearth, and are filled with treats, sweaters, new stuffys, toys and a burglar or two, just to spice their fun up, and clean up their teeth by chewing on the bones. :D

See, Christmas shopping can be both easy and fun!

Merry Christmas to everyone here on INGO, may you get just what you asked Santa for, right down to the exact nano-particle!

7th Stepper and BoR

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I don't like Christmas shopping.
    Same. I don't really "get it" when it comes to Christmas gifts. I'll buy a gift for someone in July, if I see it and it says to me "this would be awesome for so-and-so". Then I'll just give it to them.

To the extent that I shop for Christmas because it is expected that I will do so, I do it all at Amazon. I avoid brick & mortar stores like the plague between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Top Bottom