Where does one buy an Olympic target .22 rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Hey look I was right. Doubt I could build one that compares to an Anschutz but I'm very interested in playing with a semi-auto .22 receiver and make it into a straight pull bolt action with some other modifications.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    For the Walther, Anshultz and Hammerelli competitive firearms I have done business with these companies that are state side. Champions choice in LaVergne, Tennesse, Champions shooters supply in New Albany or Utica, Ohio and Creedmore Sports

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I was just in Bucks and Jakes (a local gun store) and was playing with a browning .17 hmr with that straight pull bolt.. It was different for sure.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone ever fired an Olympic quality rifle? I have. Extreme engineering. Very balanced. Nearly hand made. I have had, in Germany, the Walther and the Anschutz to fire. At 100 m, very, very tight groups.

I own a Hammerli P210 pistol. Balanced with an extremely good barrel. Cost $2100! But shot far better than the pistols I had been working with.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Anyone ever fired an Olympic quality rifle? I have. Extreme engineering. Very balanced. Nearly hand made. I have had, in Germany, the Walther and the Anschutz to fire. At 100 m, very, very tight groups.

I own a Hammerli P210 pistol. Balanced with an extremely good barrel. Cost $2100! But shot far better than the pistols I had been working with.

When I was on the college rifle team we used Anschutz and I have not fired a bolt action .22 anywhere near that nice since.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    oops, didn't read through OP's post, I thought he's talking about summer games.

if you wanna shoot the Bi-Athlon action rifles on the cheap, I an air rifle you can try.

FX Cyclone

FX%20Biathlon%20Demo.gif

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    So, from watching the biathlon and looking over the Anschutz and Izhmash websites; it's still unclear exactly how that action operates. It appears to be a locked breech, not a blowback, because the shooters are placing their thumb on the back of the bolt, and the bolt isn't moving backwards at the shot. Yet with very little force they are coming off the trigger and flicking the bolt back to eject the shell. It's almost as if they have a spring assist or a mechanically advantaged toggle system...

EDIT: Didn't see the animation on my phone before I posted. So that's an air rifle - it seems to operate pretty similarly, but there is no need to forcibly eject spent brass.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom