• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Look, rhino got me all the episodes of McMillian & Wife on DVD for Christmas. What am I supposed to do, not watch them?

McMillanAndWife_Complete_e.jpg

Well just the thought of rocks, rock

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    A few years ago local paper had my county as the heroin capital of the state….Wabash….its not just for the poor anymore. But seems only the low lifes are the only ones caught……?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Shouldn't there be a big fat arrow coming to Indy, from Dayton?

Dayton was awful for heroin.

Indy is getting really bad. Problem is it's too cheap compared to pills and they clamped down so much on prescribing pills that people are just going to heroin. College parties routinely involve heroin now. Just insane.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Exactly how empty and meaningless must a person's life be that the only way that he gets his rocks off is to shoot up, pop pills, smoke something potent, snort or huff?
    As far as I'm concerned, these druggies are all but acknowledging that they aren't getting any real pleasure, i.e. really good sex.
    Hell, the only side effects of really good sex are that it makes you sleepy and a bit loopy and the famous "Gumby Legs," but all of that is only temporary, and the rest of the side effects -- much better mental health, better circulation, greater (yes) cognitive ability, strengthening the relationship with your mate, and significantly longer life -- are all beneficial.
    These stoners must be so pathetic that this​ is their chief source of pleasure.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Guns and drugs are the same in my eyes, both are inanimate objects incapable of actions on their own. Now, mix in human stupidity.

If you don't want to suffer the consequences of Russian roulette, don't put that gun to your head, if you don't want to die of an overdose, well you get the picture. Your actions, your results!

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    if no one but yourself is affected by drugs ,then I'm ok with it . But its affecting so many , freeloaders not willing to work . getting on SSI because they are addicts . I'll never figure that one out . we give them money to buy more drugs cause they are hooked on drugs .

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Yes it is.

What is the point here. Curious.

+1
    so its free country, how free is someone chained to a addiction and most folks that are using hurt themselves and so many others hence the laws that used to make our country something to be proud of.... wake up folks its not going to get any better without change.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Exactly how empty and meaningless must a person's life be that the only way that he gets his rocks off is to shoot up, pop pills, smoke something potent, snort or huff?
    As far as I'm concerned, these druggies are all but acknowledging that they aren't getting any real pleasure, i.e. really good sex.
    Hell, the only side effects of really good sex are that it makes you sleepy and a bit loopy and the famous "Gumby Legs," but all of that is only temporary, and the rest of the side effects -- much better mental health, better circulation, greater (yes) cognitive ability, strengthening the relationship with your mate, and significantly longer life -- are all beneficial.
    These stoners must be so pathetic that this​ is their chief source of pleasure.

I agree completely. I think the problem really arises in parties and interactions with friends. Someone gets a little drunk, while inhibitions are lowered, someone offers something to really make the night exciting, and they try it. The problem is, if they got something like heroine or meth, they could be really and truly addicted after that one experiment.

The VA is the biggest pill pusher in America. They don't have money for real medical care, but they've got lots of drugs. They'll give a young man a too-powerful pain pill, then when he's good and hooked, they'll wash their hands of him. Now what's he going to do?

I spoke with a young man when I was in recruiting who wanted to straighten his life out by joining. Told me he took one hit of meth, and "a big hole opened up inside him that he could never fill with anything except meth." He was homeless and out of options. He was 19.

I spoke with another young man at a different duty station. Seemed pretty straight laced, but he had a jacket on and it wasn't cold enough. I asked him what he wasn't telling me, and with tears in his eyes, he showed me the needle tracks. Two days later, his girlfriend came to me, wondering if I had seen him. She finally tracked him down. He was stealing phones at Ball State for drug money. In both these cases, there was nothing the military (and to be fair, that isn't our mission, and you wouldn't want the ranks filled with addicts) would do for these young men. I was helpless.

I recently performed a funeral for a 31 year old man who had been a pill head. He was a really good dude. But he left behind two little girls.

I don't think it's the government's place to control substances, and even if it were, our government is doing an awful job of it. But people, there are better ways to find fulfillment. We can meet for coffee sometime, and I'll be glad to show you the "water where you'll never thirst again." Drugs make everything worse, including good people.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Yes it is.

What is the point here. Curious.

Couldn't agree more CM.

We're free. We're free to live (or die) by our own actions. We're free to be responsible for the actions we take that harm others. We're free to be stupid with the stuff we ingest. We're free to be uncivil to anyone we'd like to be. We're free to be selfish. We're free to disregard morality. We're free to be grossly inconsiderate of anyone including ourselves. Yeah...choosing to partake in using intoxicants of any type legal or otherwise are victimless crimes.

To me the only redeeming value of a death by an overdose is that the world is rid of another gene pool polluter. Of this I am painfully aware.

For your viewing pleasure...

[video=youtube;Hd3oqvnDKQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd3oqvnDKQk[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Couldn't agree more CM.

We're free. We're free to live (or die) by our own actions. We're free to be responsible for the actions we take that harm others. We're free to be stupid with the stuff we ingest. We're free to be uncivil to anyone we'd like to be. We're free to be selfish. We're free to disregard morality. We're free to be grossly inconsiderate of anyone including ourselves. Yeah...choosing to partake in using intoxicants of any type legal or otherwise are victimless crimes.

To me the only redeeming value of a death by an overdose is that the world is rid of another gene pool polluter. Of this I am painfully aware.

For your viewing pleasure...

[video=youtube;Hd3oqvnDKQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd3oqvnDKQk[/video]

This song rolls through my head often when these topics come up.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I agree completely. I think the problem really arises in parties and interactions with friends. Someone gets a little drunk, while inhibitions are lowered, someone offers something to really make the night exciting, and they try it. The problem is, if they got something like heroine or meth, they could be really and truly addicted after that one experiment.

The VA is the biggest pill pusher in America. They don't have money for real medical care, but they've got lots of drugs. They'll give a young man a too-powerful pain pill, then when he's good and hooked, they'll wash their hands of him. Now what's he going to do?

I spoke with a young man when I was in recruiting who wanted to straighten his life out by joining. Told me he took one hit of meth, and "a big hole opened up inside him that he could never fill with anything except meth." He was homeless and out of options. He was 19.

I spoke with another young man at a different duty station. Seemed pretty straight laced, but he had a jacket on and it wasn't cold enough. I asked him what he wasn't telling me, and with tears in his eyes, he showed me the needle tracks. Two days later, his girlfriend came to me, wondering if I had seen him. She finally tracked him down. He was stealing phones at Ball State for drug money. In both these cases, there was nothing the military (and to be fair, that isn't our mission, and you wouldn't want the ranks filled with addicts) would do for these young men. I was helpless.

I recently performed a funeral for a 31 year old man who had been a pill head. He was a really good dude. But he left behind two little girls.

I don't think it's the government's place to control substances, and even if it were, our government is doing an awful job of it. But people, there are better ways to find fulfillment. We can meet for coffee sometime, and I'll be glad to show you the "water where you'll never thirst again." Drugs make everything worse, including good people.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Woobie again.
    Damn, this is happening a lot with someone with wisdom far beyond his years, as you so consistently do.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I was brain washed in school that this is a free country...

Yeah, get back with me about your definition of freedom there right after you explain how society at large is free to not subsidize (hospitalization, Medicaid, various other forms of Welfare, etc.) all these addicts "exercising their freedom" to get stoned.

Top Bottom