• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm not a well known or liked INGOer, but it's not hard to figure out why > 50 people post regularly on this site. Any dissenting opinion is shouted down, with crass hubris and arrogance. I leave for 6 months at a time until the next big issue arises. We are all on the same team but you would never guess. If you aren't an evangelical Christian bootlicker, you have a small window for acceptance.
    So why come back?

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I'm not a well known or liked INGOer, but it's not hard to figure out why > 50 people post regularly on this site. Any dissenting opinion is shouted down, with crass hubris and arrogance. I leave for 6 months at a time until the next big issue arises. We are all on the same team but you would never guess. If you aren't an evangelical Christian bootlicker, you have a small window for acceptance.
    I'm not well-known or liked here either, but I come for the funny pictures thread mostly. :-D

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    If you aren't an evangelical Christian bootlicker, you have a small window for acceptance.

Hello! :)

If you want to limit your awareness to yourself and your preferences, limiting your commentary and activism to that same boundary will allow for everyone to pursue their happiness and go on about their lives.

When you enter a conversation, with nothing to contribute but mockery and insults, then openly admit you don't know what you're talking about nor even want to know what you're talking about, it's no wonder to me that you feel left out.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why'd you have to make this thread about you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're 9 years in and this is your analysis? I really find it not accurate.

Oh wait, am I doing exactly what you're saying happens to posters with dissenting opinions?
    After all the hard work we (staff) put in to rid this place of sashayed and douche bags and this is his take.
    Oh and there are more than 50 members posting in these pages.
    It seems obvious why he may not be liked.
    No direct knock on him but come on man.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Odd I do not believe if fit the criteria of any of the above and I seem to have a fairly large window of acceptance?
    Agreed, as I'm most certainly not in the categories mentioned. There are definitely barstools available at INGO for many different kinds of folks to pull up to and feel comfortable. If you find one that doesn't fit, just slide down a few positions, and that one will likely suit you better.

I generally stay out of the politics sub forum and a few other areas and no issues.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You find your niche and stay there. Stay out of subforums or threads that upset you or grow thicker skin. Stay in the gun forums and stay out of the political threads if you can't take them. On this site, of course there's a majority who feel a certain way. I'm surprised it's not more of us TBH. Outliers have a hard time in any group, unless it's one where they're a majority. Suck it up Buttercup.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh and I miss Chip as well. Don't agree with everything he posts, but they always seem well reasoned.

I'm semi popular in my own little group and feel most comfortable there. That's where I stay most of the time, but if I branch out to the other threads, I know I'm taking my chances of getting my feelers hurt. Doesn't bother me none... :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The interwebz can be a harsh place at times if you let it get to you. Personally, I've got more important things going on in my life than to concern myself about what someone else says. If it gets to be too much for you then maybe it's time to do something else for a while.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Group dynamics are a real thing. Forming, storming, norming, performing is the one everyone remembers because it rhymes and it's true. With the range of topics covered here combined with the loss of visual cues (we lose a lot in communications not seeing each other) there is a lot of storming. Norming is when things derail into a food discussion. Performing? Contacting our elected representatives is definitely performing.

Forming: constant thing here. This also explains why there is a lot of storming.

Anybody taking college classes/got kids/grandkids taking college classes? Textbook talks about storming: INGO has that in spades!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I don't disagree with the point you're making here. This is not even a complaint, but it's absolutely true that if you don't have the same viewpoint as most of the very vocal members, you 100% get dog piled.

That reminds me, I still owe some responses in the Omicron thread. I don't want those poor folks missing me :D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm really not sure how any of you can say with a straight face that people with more liberal opinions are not made to feel unwelcome. Some of them end up getting progressively nastier in response until they are finally banned. Some just ignore it and go on with things.

Top Bottom