• ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I'm really not sure how any of you can say with a straight face that people with more liberal opinions are not made to feel unwelcome.
    Because of the loss if visual cues we have no idea if their faces are straight.

With no liberals as members who would there be to make fun of when the arguments over pineapple on pizza (I'm against), extolling the virtues of bacon (I'm for bacon), or reporting the latest boating accident (haven't had one yet) gets boring? Kut's been gone for a while and his name still gets trotted out frequently when some members need to bash someone.

On topic, hope Chipbennet is doing well, along with any others who have been absent.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    You find your niche and stay there. Stay out of subforums or threads that upset you or grow thicker skin. Stay in the gun forums and stay out of the political threads if you can't take them. On this site, of course there's a majority who feel a certain way. I'm surprised it's not more of us TBH. Outliers have a hard time in any group, unless it's one where they're a majority. Suck it up Buttercup.
    Why is there a thread wondering why everyone left? The moral of my story was that it really isn't hard to figure out why lots of people get tired of this site and take extended breaks.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't disagree with the point you're making here. This is not even a complaint, but it's absolutely true that if you don't have the same viewpoint as most of the very vocal members, you 100% get dog piled.

That reminds me, I still owe some responses in the Omicron thread. I don't want those poor folks missing me :D
    :wavey: I miss you mbills. :(

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have never felt the need to leave the site and I have very different paradigms/views than a lot on this site.

I just choose to live in peace among the group and let "you do you" and I'll do me.

I think the wondering where they are may be that some of us knew certain folks and just hadn't heard from them in a while. Case in point: when I first moved to Bloomington, GFGT told me good luck, he couldn't wait to move away from the liberal attitude that is pervaded through the community. I told him that they won't bother me. I'll leave them alone, and go about my ways.

I would like to tell him that he had a point after all. In almost 8 years living here now, it is not a great community for a conservative minded person. I don't really mind the others but it has been hard to find common ground and to establish any real friendships.

Of course, the last statement could be because I'm and *******.

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Why is there a thread wondering why everyone left?
    When folks go missing those who miss them get concerned for their well being. If they are fine and no longer active by choice that's way better than finding out someone is sick, has massive problems, or even deceased. It's a bit of compassion, which can be extended even to those we may not agree with at times.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    What is Chip's occupation? He seemed lawyerly.

Also, why am I not FB friends with GFGT? Can someone DM me his profile link?
    He is some sort of engineer by training(I forget what kind exactly) for a company that works with and consults for drug/medical companies all over the world if I remember right. I'm pretty sure he's fairly high up in the company at this point and remember him discussing some global travel for work.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He is some sort of engineer by training(I forget what kind exactly) for a company that works with and consults for drug/medical companies all over the world if I remember right. I'm pretty sure he's fairly high up in the company at this point and remember him discussing some global travel for work.
    I'm sure Chip didn't leave because his feelz were hurt. Like you said he's a pretty busy guy. I think even more so since the virus started. Whatever the case may be I hope that he's doing well.

Top Bottom