• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Me either, but the poster I was replying to said he couldn't find any online at any price. I was merely helping them out.

I apologize that you misunderstood me. I stated that I could go to a dozen websites and not find any ammo. My point was that I disagreed with the video that there is ammo in abundance. If it was abundant, most all retailers of ammo would have it in stock and the prices would be more competitive.

My bad. I am no Shakespeare when it comes to properly conveying my meaning on internet threads.

BTW, thanks for serving! My son is in the Air Force to!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Honest people will always be upset at the people who are only out to make a profit.

Its totally legal, theres nothing wrong with people who might not even own guns, standing in line to buy all the ammo they can, so they can resell it at huge profit.

But somehow, there is.

Moral of the story... Hoard, so you will not fall victim to gougers.

Then... hoard reloading supplies, so no one can ever tell you how much you can or can not shoot.

and when you see .22 for 20 bucks a brick, buy the **** out of it... because everyone knows, you cant have too much...

I bought as much as I could afford, before all this happened, and now, I just wish I had made more money...

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Honest people will always be upset at the people who are only out to make a profit.

Yes. Those looking to make a profit couldn't possibly be honest people. :n00b:

danielson said:
    I bought as much as I could afford, before all this happened, and now, I just wish I had made more money...

You could make more money, but apparently that would make you inherently dishonest.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Yes. Those looking to make a profit couldn't possibly be honest people. :n00b:

You could make more money, but apparently that would make you inherently dishonest.

Well, rampant capitalism is nothing but naked greed, of the sort displayed in Russia since the nineties. Our version of capitalism has always had a moral underpinning, a goal of "a square deal". This philosophy is what made the "handshake deal" an honorable possibility, along with pricing based on manufacturing cost plus transportation and a reasonable profit. The idea of gouging a customer was, at one time, repugnant and shameful. Manufacturers prided themselves in maintaining their price structures, and when an increase was necessary, it didn't take effect until the higher cost inventory actually hit the store shelves. Today we see preemptive pricing as routine. A manufacturer tells it's distributors or wholesalers of a future increase, they in turn tell their retailers, and the retailer promptly jacks the price of current inventory up, even though it was purchased at a lower cost, and the new higher priced product won't hit the shelves for months.

Alas, the dictums of conducting business fairly are all but ignored today, and that's why this latest round of profiteering seems so egregious. It's happening within a community that claims to value the "old time, up front,time honored, traditional, honest Abe, American" way of doing things.:twocents:

As far as high ammo costs, or not being able to stockpile a personal supply, I wonder if those that feel abused have considered that when the time comes that they really need that ammo , societal breakdown will be such that cost won't be in the formula for obtaining it.
    :smileak:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Well, rampant capitalism is nothing but naked greed, of the sort displayed in Russia since the nineties. Our version of capitalism has always had a moral underpinning, a goal of "a square deal". This philosophy is what made the "handshake deal" an honorable possibility, along with pricing based on manufacturing cost plus transportation and a reasonable profit. The idea of gouging a customer was, at one time, repugnant and shameful. Manufacturers prided themselves in maintaining their price structures, and when an increase was necessary, it didn't take effect until the higher cost inventory actually hit the store shelves. Today we see preemptive pricing as routine. A manufacturer tells it's distributors or wholesalers of a future increase, they in turn tell their retailers, and the retailer promptly jacks the price of current inventory up, even though it was purchased at a lower cost, and the new higher priced product won't hit the shelves for months.

Alas, the dictums of conducting business fairly are all but ignored today, and that's why this latest round of profiteering seems so egregious. It's happening within a community that claims to value the "old time, up front,time honored, traditional, honest Abe, American" way of doing things.:twocents:

As far as high ammo costs, or not being able to stockpile a personal supply, I wonder if those that feel abused have considered that when the time comes that they really need that ammo , societal breakdown will be such that cost won't be in the formula for obtaining it.
    :smileak:

What is a fair profit? Who determines the amount of profit which is fair or ethical or moral?

Who gets to decide what profit is reasonable?

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    There is a family that shows up at the local Wally-World every morning and buys all the 22's that gets put up on the shelf. They must have two 55gal. drums full by now....

barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    There is a family that shows up at the local Wally-World every morning and buys all the 22's that gets put up on the shelf. They must have two 55gal. drums full by now....

The WW on E 96th St. in Indy will sell only one box of any one kind, three boxes total in combination per customer. Seems like they'd all have the same rules.

Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't know where it is going but im tired of checking WalMart everyday just to be disappointed for .22, who'd of thought it would ever be so hard to find?

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I read that 1 BILLION rounds are produced in the US every WEEK and it is still this bad. I was talking to someone and they were told by one person that it would be easier to find (and cheaper) after Memorial Day, another person told him not until the Fall. So we will see.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I've got to agree with those who point at the Flippers first and then the hoarders. All I can say is that I know where much of my paychecks for this summer are going...right into reloading equipment. I was too new to the sport to stock anything before Dec. but I won't be caught with my pants about my ankles again.

I managed to get a hold of 200rnds of 9mm Saturday at the Walmart in Plainfield where they didn't have a box limit. I would have bought it all but even at $15/50 I'm not made of money. I got some .22lr instead.

Top Bottom