• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I have had the best luck selling them online. If you put them on consignment at a gun shop you will probably get a little more but after they get their cut it comes out about the same. As long as your price isn't sky high it should sell fairly quick.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I have sold mostly FTF from online listings (:ingo:), but I did sell a couple at my local club's open house. I have not tied any of the larger gun shows, but that may open up the buyer market (just have to be careful to take the time and make certain they are residents, etc.)

I have not had a "bad" FTF deal and the folks I have meet have all been pretty decent, but I do try to be careful and remind myself to walk away if something makes me uncomfortable with the transaction.

As has been mentioned, most stores seem to offer you half (or less) of what they plan on selling it for themselves.

As a caution on pricing the online markets, the ones that charge a fee for the listing (or commission off the sale) tend to have somewhat inflated prices vs FTF as the seller needs to recoup the fees. OTOH, it is a good way to reach potential customers outside of the area if you have something that just does not fit our market well.

Last edited:

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Ok I'll bite whatcha selling may just sell it without going to the classifieds. If its a 223 bolt action interested.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    Ill probably out it up for sell on here in a few weeks, I'm still deciding if I should or not. It's an Universal M1 Carbine, I'll be selling it with 4 15 round magazines, 1 30 round magazine, a magazine stock pouch and maybe some ammo too but that is if I do decide to sell it.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    You also need a subject to make a complete sentence and an apostrophe in the contraction. :dunno:

"You don't need an 'at' on the end.

Do you still feel superior?
    I love me some grammar police! As the son of an English teacher, I am as bad as many, and worse than most! Shooters who care about proper grammar and punctuation? When the zombie apocalypse hits, we need to band together, so that when we rebuild society, the English language will remain intact!

Top Bottom