• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I am currently wanting to get into some shooting comps. i would be using a G19, where (local to Kokomo) could i compete? and what is the cost, i would jus tlike some details for a beginner!

Thanks! :rockwoot:

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    May 26th is a USPSA match at Atlanta Conservation Club. On the 25th Dan is holding a USPSA Fundamentals class there from noon til 6pm. Check out the thread titled USPSA @ ACC May 26, there is more info there. Be a very good place to start and not far from Kokomo. Most USPSA level 1 matches have a $20 entry fee and I believe Dan's class is $40. As a side note don't get hung up on shooting locally if you are really interested in some type of competition, most of us that shoot USPSA drive an hour or better one way every weekend to shoot.

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Man, Kokomo is an awesome spot to be. You have a ton of pistol shooting w/in 60-90 minute radius.

Closest would be Atlanta Conservation club... USPSA, IDPA, and Steel challenge.
    Then there's Warsaw for USPSA.
    A little farther out is Fort Wayne, Angola, North porter, and Niles MI for USPSA.
    Marion county fish/game for steel.
    I may have missed some....

You could probably shoot every Sat/Sun and not drive much more than an hour.

You can get club/poc info from uspsa.org and idpa.com for those events. For other events, google the club websites for the clubs I mentioned. Schedules and club links can be found at indygunracers.com

cost is usually $15-20, plus ammo/gas.

Look at the sticky threads in this subforum for more "basic" info.

-rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom