• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Too bad you don't live up here by Toto. Richards usually gets a shipment of 40mm and 120 mm cans for 18/20 bucks a piece. Majority of them are in great shape with great seals.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I have bought a few from the Indy 1500 in the past that were decently priced. You could try there this weekend. Otherwise I would check Rural King.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yard sales and estate sales is where I get mine.

Knob Creek machine gun shoot had tractor trailer loads of them in minty shape.

Big R also runs sales on them, local fun shows, plenty around.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Indiana Army Surplus in Bedford has them day in and day out. Real army surplus, no Chinese stuff!

.30 - $9.95
    .50 - $15.95
    Saw/tall .50 - $24.95
    40mm - $19.95
    20mm - $29.95

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Remember a couple years ago at the gun shows, vendors had signs on the mil ones stating these were the last ones?

There WAS some truth to it at the time. De-mil requirements changed for cans the same way they did for spent brass. A couple of Congressmen publicly slapped some people upside the head for destroying saleable goods while at the same time requesting additional funding and mostly things got changed back. The antis managed to salvage a partial win though since bigger stuff like 20mm is still getting destroyed and so eventually this brass will dry up (which affects owners of Anzio, Riker, and custom 20mm DD rifles). Only 50 BMG and under can be sold without mutilation.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Not too long ago I was buying ammo cans from Gander Mtn for $4-5 each. Not really sure why the price went 3x+.

I know I actually tossed some in the garbage. Figured they were only worth a couple bucks each. Now people are forking money out for these things.

Top Bottom