Where to Find Good Deals on Rental Cars?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gonna need one for a couple weeks starting the 19th of August.

Enterprise used to have decent prices... seems twice as expensive as a couple years ago.

Today's rate for a compact was $450 for 2 wks, before insurance!

Any deals or coupon leads?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Enterprise still has decent prices, but get the car OUTSIDE OF MARION COUNTY. We rented from just inside Johnson Co and saved tons of money.

Also, talk to your Automotive insurance agent to see what coverage you really need. Enterprise is one of the better companies in what they won't come after you when a collision occurs.

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I used online services like:Priceline etc... while on vacation in Florida found rates for as little as 13 dollars/day

I also agree rented car from Enterprise in Avon lots cheaper than inside the loop.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Avis usually seems to be the cheapest for us at work. I also agree to check with your insurance provider. You probably don't need to waste the money on extra insurance. Do a Google search for coupons and you'll probably find some that will work.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Check the online "travel" sites... Orbitz, expedia, travelocity, yahoo travel, etc etc.

Shop around, find a decent rate.

THEN go to the company's website and duplicate the search. You'll often have less expense that way because you're not paying the website any money to keep their doors open.

I'd even stop by a place or two to get a price quote.

Just don't get it from anywhere near the airport; they'll gouge you on convenience. And, as indyjoe said, try getting quotes from a place not in Marion County. Marion Co, as do most large cities, have a heck of a tax on rental cars.

And please, check to see if your current auto insurance covers you while you're in a rental. I know that mine does. If so, then don't give the rental company any more money for their "insurance".

-J-

Top Bottom