Where to find Nickel plated rock island 45?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Anyone know of anyone in Indiana who sells the nickel plated version of the Rock Island Armory 1911a1? The full sized government model. I would like to get one of these but am having no luck... i have only seen the parkerized models where i am located....:dunno:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Anyone know of anyone in Indiana who sells the nickel plated version of the Rock Island Armory 1911a1? The full sized government model. I would like to get one of these but am having no luck... i have only seen the parkerized models where i am located....:dunno:

Hmmm.... It would appear that they might not be making them in chrome any more. Both the US and Philippine websites no longer list the nickle models. :dunno:
    :cheers:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington

I saw one in Bradis a few weeks ago. Give them a call.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    there was one

When I left work at Bradis yesterday there was still one in the case. You will need to call the shop for pricing and if that is what you want just ask them to hold it. We will always hold a firearm for a day or two till you can get there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I saw one today at Darrel's Custom Firearms in Cayuga. 765.492.3939 (keep trying if it's busy; closed on Sunday and Monday). The price tag said $459.

Cockednlocked38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    I have i luxury of owning one i 38 Super.Just a standard GI model but in nickel and of course .38 super.It truly is a great piece,Over 2,000 rounds and still running strong. I carry it everywhere,little heavy but peace of mind that your carrying a good reliable 1911 is worth the extra weight.Anyways i live in NEPA and had to order from a my dealer and had to wait a little over 2 months to get it.Not to rain on your parade but i think your going to play h*ll trying to get one.Like the above post both websites do not list them anymore.Anyway good luck and straight shootin.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    still looking for a nickel plated rock island. sorry to bring up an old thread, but seeing the other thread on RIA 1911's got me to thinking about how i would still like to get one.

Top Bottom