• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    There was a guy at the Kokomo gun show that had a great assortment of frames and barrels. I don't attend that show enough to know if he is always their or not. But I don't think I'd ever seen so many Contenders in one place.

Dad had one. It had a excellent trigger.

He is often there, but not always.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    PLEASE PLEASE CHECK FIRST.BATF sent me a message, that a pistol can be converted to a rifle, but a rifle CANT be configured as a pistol ATF 2011-4 I believe is ATF NUMBER WITH INFO.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    PLEASE PLEASE CHECK FIRST.BATF sent me a message, that a pistol can be converted to a rifle, but a rifle CANT be configured as a pistol ATF 2011-4 I believe is ATF NUMBER WITH INFO.

Here is where you can find the Justice Department clarification (and Supreme Court ruling) as it relates to ATF 2011-4 (atf.gov/file/55526/download)

For the non-readers - (this is specific to the T/C line as they were made and defined as interchangeable so ARs don't fall under this ruling)

Pistol Grip + Pistol Barrel = OK - defined a pistol
    Rifle Grip + Rifle Barrel (16"+) = OK - defined as a rifle (assumes the 26"+ total length too)
    Pistol Grip + Rifle Barrel = OK - defined as a pistol with a long barrel

Rifle Grip + Pistol Barrel = SBR when using less than 16" barrel or less than 26" total length.

Since the platform is modular you can go back and forth so long as you don't create an SBR configuration. I am sure there are other nuances but this is the basics...especially since I am not looking to "cheat" the system and get away with anything.

My personal opinion would be that with this specific firearm and that it has a specific call out about being modular that you could get in trouble if you are trying to cheat the game (like with ARs) where you use a blade or arm brace with a pistol barrel and shoulder it. Not a lawyer, but I could see the ATF taking a hard-line stance with this firearm since the ruling was so specific about what you can/can't do.

Top Bottom