• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Since I have only been in Indiana for a little over a month I really dont know where to fish. I live on the East Side near Washington Square Mall, and have a good size fishing pond in my apartment complex (tried it once, not to much success, though I couldnt go where I wanted due to neighbor kids provoking very angry geese in that area). I really enjoy bass fishing but can set up for about anything. Any ideas? And dont worry I dont want your secret spot, just somewhere to burn some time while catching a few fish.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    try that pond in your complex again , those can be some of the best fishing around due to no pressure.
    Also Eagle creek resivour on the west side is good crappie and white bess fishing
    dont overlook cat fish in that complex pond , my brother caught a very large blue cat in a pond just like that several rears ago.

the white river is very good small mouth fishing too

i bet that complex pond is full of bass , i would lay money on it

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    try that pond in your complex again , those can be some of the best fishing around due to no pressure.
    Also Eagle creek resivour on the west side is good crappie and white bess fishing
    dont overlook cat fish in that complex pond , my brother caught a very large blue cat in a pond just like that several rears ago.

I saw some of the biggest bass of my life in the pond directly behind my old apartment... until others saw them too, caught them, and ate them. :xmad:

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis

I was actually thinking about going after some cats tonight. I think there will be some nice bass in here, just got figure it out. If all else fails I grab some crawlers and catch a bunch of gills for lunch. I will be sticking around here in the morning for sure. Will let you guys know what I find, who knows we may be having a INGO fishing party here tomorrow night.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Fished the pond at my apartment. Caught 7. Most were like this: Little Fish
    This was the last one I caught before the storm moved in:
    Big Fish

Edit: Went back out about lunch time for an hour after the storm. Caught a few more. They are hammering the 2in Storm Wildeye Sunfish. Got good intel about the pond, and I will be out there catching big largemouth at dusk, then big channel cats.

Last edited:

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Fished the pond at my apartment. Caught 7. Most were like this: Little Fish
    This was the last one I caught before the storm moved in:
    Big Fish

Edit: Went back out about lunch time for an hour after the storm. Caught a few more. They are hammering the 2in Storm Wildeye Sunfish. Got good intel about the pond, and I will be out there catching big largemouth at dusk, then big channel cats.

your links only work for your friends on Facebook.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Just about any flowing water in central IN is going to have smallmouths in it. If it doesn't have smallmouth, it will have spots and/or largemouth.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    So. Caught a couple more bass, more panfish then I care to count, and a couple cats. Really impressed with this pond. Apparently talking with other anglers they stock it and manage it really well.

Top Bottom