• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Looking to add to my preps and sustainability by utilizing rain barrels. BUT, I don't want to pay $100 or more at Menards / Lowes / etc for them.

Does anyone have some sources for good, inexpensive rain barrels? Or are there alternatives to barrels that I'm not thinking of?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated....Thanks

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Search on craigslist, I found a source a couple of years ago and bought all I could use and sold the rest.

Molly Belle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    We aren't really near you, but I have a neighbor that sells them for $8-$12. I've bought a metal one and a and plastic one from him. They are food grade. Maybe search craigslist and see if anyone near you has them for sale. Check your local paper, and if there is a feed store around ask them.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I just bought some blue plastic 55 gallon barrel's from a woman on craigslist. She was in New Palestine. 15 bucks each. She said she could get as many as she needed.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    We aren't really near you, but I have a neighbor that sells them for $8-$12. I've bought a metal one and a and plastic one from him. They are food grade. Maybe search craigslist and see if anyone near you has them for sale. Check your local paper, and if there is a feed store around ask them.

Do you live just outside Oakland city?

drummerGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    The Haute
    Gurman in Terre Haute sells them they are located on 3rd street just north of the overpass on the north end at the west corner of Locust. Next to ISU baseball stadium.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Look up Indydrum i think, I cant remember but I think they had food grade, all clean and ready for like $30.00. Dont quote me on price I have slept since I got them last.

Mysticwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Yes, for free,Suppose to live in Auburn ( thats where I live ) but if anyone wants one or 3 I will get them. IF you want to drive this far. 17 Miles north of Fort Wayne.

Top Bottom