Where to get really cheap AR upper? Cheapest?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    My buddy gave me a U.S. Arms polymer lower today. I've never been a fan of them, but hell it was the right price for me. He only paid about what a normal stripped lower costs for it so I guess it was the right price for him too. It's a complete lower...trigger is crap but I expected that. It also has a polymer buffer tube which I have never seen before.

Anyway... I'll get to the point. Where is the cheapest place to buy an upper? I looked at Model 1 and Palmetto. Seems their cheapest are around $400. Is there anywhere cheaper? I mean super cheap.

I realize you get what you pay for, and this is completely opposite of the kind of things I usually buy. I just can't justify buying an $500 barrel, $400 hand guard and a VLTOR upper for a lower that cost half as much as the trigger I put in my last build. I figure this will be a good gun to let the neighbors kids borrow or the guy that always asks at the range. Maybe I'll just leave it under the seat of my truck. I am definitely going to try a spray paint camo job on it.

Thanks for the help!

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    PSA would be your best bet. BravoCompany has uppers in stock for a little more.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Midway lists a $400 price tag for an upper with BCG but it isn't in stock. That is what I have been trying to get my hands on. I want it for parts. I want to replace the barrel with a 6mm to make my 6mmX45.That is the cheapest way to get every thing i need.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    This upper is as low cost as they come.
    Only $270 but at this price I'm sure they will sell out fast.
    DSA ZM4 Forged 7075T6 A3 AR15 Upper Receiver 14.5" - ZM4CBU14-D S Arms
    Add the price of the BCG for $150
    ZM4/AR15 Semi Auto, Complete Bolt Group Assembly - ZM485018509-A-D S Arms
    A charging handle $14
    ZM4/AR15 alloy charging handle complete with standard latch - ZM48517-A-D S Arms
    Then a rear sight for $29.97
    AR-15 Rear A2 Flip Sight GUNTEC USA
    Then you will be ready to hit the range with your new low cost AR.

Top Bottom