• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Cumulative injury has finally won, and I'm going to need work done on my neck. X-rays showed the problems, but I need an MRI for better detail before a treatment plan is made.

Where's the cheapest place to have this done and then take it to my doc?

Preferably around Greenwood, but I'll drive a bit if needed.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Check with St. Francis, honestly no clue about prices of these but I'd guess they are competitive.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For some reason, I thought of this.

[video=youtube;MNZZhTXw72M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNZZhTXw72M[/video]

BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    I'm under the care of a neurosurgeon at OrthoIndy, they've sent me twice to Diagnostic Imaging on County Line Road for MRI as well as a CT Scan. I didn't pay for either but, I saw the bills, I thought they were very competitively priced. I had an MRI at Seymour hospital back in February that was nearly 5K, I think the one at Diagnostic Imaging was like 2200. They got me in, got it done, I was very pleased with their service.

I go back tomorrow to meet with my surgeon, I'm afraid he's going to get to know my back intimately very soon.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Def call around and ask your insurance what is in network. Wherever you go, get a CD with the images on it. Your surgeon will want more than a paper report. As stated, you're probably better off avoiding a physical hospital. Do not do open MRI either, images aren't as good.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think you need to have a doctor prescribe the MRI, you don't just get one yourself. I would go to the orthopedic surgeon that you are planning on doing the cutting, he might have an MRI place that he prefers. Is this a WC claim (not sure how police departments work), if so, you need to report it to the insurance company and they will direct you.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think you need to have a doctor prescribe the MRI, you don't just get one yourself.

Doc has already said I need one before we go any further. I'm on injections and meds right now to unlock my back so I can lay flat to do one.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Do you have Anthem? If so their portal has a place to find providers that are in network, as well as estimate the cost of a procedure. My HR dept was talking about it last week while they were telling us just how screwed we are next year.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Proscan imaging is cheapest we have found. There is one in Avon. St Francis costs are the highest I've found!!!

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I had an MRI scheduled at St. Francis. My insurance called me and asked if I would mind changing it to CDI. She said it is important to shop around when the services are the same. She gave me the rates billed from each place for what I needed done. There was a huge difference... CDI was professional and speedy. 521 E County Line Rd, Greenwood, IN 46143 I figure that if I save the insurance money it may help keep premiums from rising so fast.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had an MRI scheduled at St. Francis. My insurance called me and asked if I would mind changing it to CDI. She said it is important to shop around when the services are the same. She gave me the rates billed from each place for what I needed done. There was a huge difference... CDI was professional and speedy. 521 E County Line Rd, Greenwood, IN 46143 I figure that if I save the insurance money it may help keep premiums from rising so fast.

What was the rate at CDI? Trying to decide if I do it this month or wait until Jan 1st and apply toward my deductible for next year.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I had the same experience as GadgetMonster, originally scheduled to have one at Community and the insurance company called and suggested CDI. Very good and fast service and much cheaper.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I had the same experience as GadgetMonster, originally scheduled to have one at Community and the insurance company called and suggested CDI. Very good and fast service and much cheaper.

Ask cash price and insurance price. Remember also at CDI I believe the price includes radiologist interpretation. At many hospitals the radiology group is independent and you will get an additional bill.

RandyMarlar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Zionsville
    I needed a lower back MRI. Shopped around a lot. MRI Solutions on North Meridian out the door $450 cash. Cheaper than what the insurance negotiated price would have been and included the radiologist reading and a disk to take with you. Quote from a couple of "hospital" controlled places were several thousand dollars.

Top Bottom