• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That is an absurdly low price for an MRI alone let alone interp. were the images good?

edit: just called them. Any body part is $450 for images and interpretation. If you need contrast it adds $70. Wow. Closed tube MRI (standard) and 1.5T magnet (historical standard, probably still most common)

Called CDI, they were $750. If you hve insurance, they charge your contracted rate

thanks for for the tip, I'll be sharing this with my group.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Holy cow. Is radiologist on site?!

I've had a few different X-rays done at the CDI on Co. Ln. Rd.

I don't think there's a Rad MD (Other than hoosierdoc...who seems rad in his own right) at each location - though I suppose I could be mistaken.

In today's age of digital imaging and transmission, the Rad could be anywhere - literally. There may very well be office space at a certain location or two, but I don't think it was there at the Greenwood location.

I was pleased with my experiences with CDI for my stuff. $35 for both of my xray sessions, and it was 2-3-4 images. What I'd like better would be a call/email from the Rad or a nurse with his reading results/opinions/findings.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I'll have to check out MRI solutions next year. I have what the Dr thinks to be a lipoma on my lower back, usually harmless. But this one keeps causing back pain so I'll need to get imaging done to determine a course of action. I keep putting it off cause I'm sure the solution will involve a knife cutting me open which doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. Oh by the way CDI wanted $950(contract price with Anthem) and I didn't think to ask about paying cash.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'll have to check out MRI solutions next year. I have what the Dr thinks to be a lipoma on my lower back, usually harmless. But this one keeps causing back pain so I'll need to get imaging done to determine a course of action. I keep putting it off cause I'm sure the solution will involve a knife cutting me open which doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. Oh by the way CDI wanted $950(contract price with Anthem) and I didn't think to ask about paying cash.

My boss just had like 5-6 lipomas removed. Within 10 days ago. They were causing him all kinds of back pain.

Now that it's been overwith, he doesn't know why he didn't do it 10 years ago.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I needed a lower back MRI. Shopped around a lot. MRI Solutions on North Meridian out the door $450 cash. Cheaper than what the insurance negotiated price would have been and included the radiologist reading and a disk to take with you. Quote from a couple of "hospital" controlled places were several thousand dollars.

That's fantastic, thanks.

Top Bottom