• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    There should be a swivel stud in the buttstock at the bottom. If your's is like mine they sent another one in the box that goes into the end of the magazine tube. Mine came with two barrels and for some reason they didn't feel the need to include two of them. You can buy them at Midway USA, Gander Mt., and I'm sure some local gun shops have them.

366960.jpg

Last edited:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    What weaver said is the most common way to mount them.
    What type of sling (1pt, 2 pt, or 3pt) and what type of shotgun (HD, Hunting, All-purpose)?

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    :hijack:

i am interested in this too. i have a mossy 500 but it didnt come with anything to put a sling on it. no stud or anything. so just order that kit pictured, i know where it goes on the buttstock but not the forearm area.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    :hijack:

i am interested in this too. i have a mossy 500 but it didnt come with anything to put a sling on it. no stud or anything. so just order that kit pictured, i know where it goes on the buttstock but not the forearm area.

With the kit pictured the screw for the forearm actually goes on the screw that attaches the barrel to the mag tube (hope that explains it).

For a more tactical look/feel and options for 1pt slings and such GG&G makes some mossberg 500 slings parts:
    GG&G
    GG&G
    Mossberg Accessories - Attachments for Mossberg Shotgun Models 500, 590, 835 & 930
    I would check those out. I currently don't run a sling on my 500, as I run it as a HD shotgun and fell that the sling just gets in the way.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    With the kit pictured the screw for the forearm actually goes on the screw that attaches the barrel to the mag tube (hope that explains it).

For a more tactical look/feel and options for 1pt slings and such GG&G makes some mossberg 500 slings parts:
    GG&G
    GG&G
    Mossberg Accessories - Attachments for Mossberg Shotgun Models 500, 590, 835 & 930
    I would check those out. I currently don't run a sling on my 500, as I run it as a HD shotgun and fell that the sling just gets in the way.

ahh yes thank you. that makes sense.

Top Bottom