• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I'm looking for a place around avon area that I can get my propane bottles refilled NOT EXCHANGED. the only place I know of is the Uhaul on west Washington st. any other locations would be greatly appreciated.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    Not sure about Avon, but in Danville which is just west of there, you can get tanks filled at the Ferguson Hardware store. It is on old 36 across from hospital at the light.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    why do you want them filled and not exchanged?
    It's usually cheaper. We refill ours and save money doing it. There's also the fact that you can get more gas, cheaper, by refilling than exchanging. Inflation has resulted in less gas going into the 20# containers. Most only contain about 17# nowadays, some brands even less. We routinely fill ours that are marked as 17# with 20# and it costs less than an exchange. That's a prime reason to refill.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    It's usually cheaper. We refill ours and save money doing it. There's also the fact that you can get more gas, cheaper, by refilling than exchanging. Inflation has resulted in less gas going into the 20# containers. Most only contain about 17# nowadays, some brands even less. We routinely fill ours that are marked as 17# with 20# and it costs less than an exchange. That's a prime reason to refill.

^^^^This^^^^ I just did an exchange because I didn't have time to go the the uhaul and I only got fifteen pounds in my cylinder not 20. plus the cylinder they gave me was in worse shape then the one I dropped off.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I like getting mine refilled because I bought the tanks new and know they do not have rust painted over or anything like I have seen from exchange tanks. I have 5 now acquired through the past few years and keep a good steady reserve. I have mine filled at ACE hardware but that store closed down near me, so I head out a bit further away to the next one.

Three of mine were purchased new, the other two I hand chose from an exchange when I acquired a used tank. They are in great shape and I try to keep things that could leak and go boom in good shape...

c2joe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    I've always used ace hardware for my refills, definitely cheaper than the exchange option.

Top Bottom