• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    I'm thinking of getting my first AR, but it seems as though shooting it (outside of private property) will be difficult at best. Any ranges around besides Atterbury where .223 is allowed? Any info would be appreciated!

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I live on west side in Danville. I go to Pro Teq which is located just north of Brazil. Kind of far to go but they have a 200 yd range there.

Here is a link to their site.

proteq.us

Costs $20 a year and he has strict rules, but if you follow them and don't mess around its a good place to go.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    there's a guy with a private property range down near mooresville area that charges for use...I can't remember his name at the moment but he has a website......and other than that immediately available is Don's guns, but it is NOT a recommended place to visit by ANYONE...unfortunately, there is nothing else close to the west side

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I don't know of any public ranges, but the Danville CC allows .223.

Only if you are a member or guest of a member, you shoot ONLY at a paper target, and you shoot no faster than one round every three seconds. No rapid fire allowed. PERIOD. Violation of the slow fire rule is a $50 dollar fine. Here's the rest of the rules you have to live by>>> http://dccsafety.com/Rules.pdf

Last edited:

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I live on west side in Danville. I go to Pro Teq which is located just north of Brazil. Kind of far to go but they have a 200 yd range there.

Here is a link to their site.

proteq.us

Costs $20 a year and he has strict rules, but if you follow them and don't mess around its a good place to go.

I've been curious about proteq for awhile now, reasonably close to my house (it or crawfordsville gun club are about the same distance). Any more info on it?

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    Might also check into Waveland Gun Club near Shades State Park. A buddy and I went there a couple of times late last year, and have every intention of joining this spring. Pistol range and a rifle range out to 300 yards, and the 2 times we went we had the entire range to ourselves the majority of the day.

The lady that runs the place seemed very nice, and her only rules were don't shoot her dogs and no .50bmg. Definately worth the drive in my opinion.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Might also check into Waveland Gun Club near Shades State Park. A buddy and I went there a couple of times late last year, and have every intention of joining this spring. Pistol range and a rifle range out to 300 yards, and the 2 times we went we had the entire range to ourselves the majority of the day.

The lady that runs the place seemed very nice, and her only rules were don't shoot her dogs and no .50bmg. Definately worth the drive in my opinion.

Read about that place as well, may have to check it out come warmer weather.

Anyone know anything about Frontier Gun Club in Roachdale, IN? From what little I've found online it looks to be trap only.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Cloverdale conservation club used to be really cheap for membership...you can shoot pretty much whatever....50yd and 100yd range, but they too had a 3 second rule between shots......I go to private property when I train...that way I don't have to worry about some stupid rules

Top Bottom