Where to shoot in NW Indiana on a Monday?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

1. I'm not seeing any outdoor ranges (in Illinois) in your link. As a matter of fact I only see one Illinois range. The indoor range in Glenwood. Glenwood happens to be located in Cook County where, last I heard, they had an AWB in place. That means any high cap [STRIKE]clips[/STRIKE] magazines you might have with your handgun would put you in violation. Now, there's rumors that the ban was struck down, that it was simply changed (not overturned), that homerule laws preempt the countywide ban (is Glenwood homerule?), etc. Hopefully someone in the know could weigh in. I don't care because I don't plan on going there and I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig either.

2. Go to Illinois (Cook County) to shoot????? Seriously? Did you hit your head?

Sidenote: I think that range/gunshop in Glenwood was robbed several years ago and the owner was murdered during the robbery. The new owner added several layers of security that included showing ID, getting buzzed in, and a ferocious huge dog. I know because I wanted to look around at his showroom and check out the range one day. He had his hand on his gun in a not-so-subtle manner the entire time I was in there. He observed me constantly through squinty eyes and barely grunted answers to my questions. I felt like a row of steel poppers seconds before the start buzzer. Never went back. That was years ago.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    1. I'm not seeing any outdoor ranges (in Illinois) in your link. As a matter of fact I only see one Illinois range. The indoor range in Glenwood. Glenwood happens to be located in Cook County where, last I heard, they had an AWB in place. That means any high cap [STRIKE]clips[/STRIKE] magazines you might have with your handgun would put you in violation. Now, there's rumors that the ban was struck down, that it was simply changed (not overturned), that homerule laws preempt the countywide ban (is Glenwood homerule?), etc. Hopefully someone in the know could weigh in. I don't care because I don't plan on going there and I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig either.

Sidenote: I think that range/gunshop in Glenwood was robbed several years ago and the owner was murdered during the robbery. The new owner added several layers of security that included showing ID, getting buzzed in, and a ferocious huge dog. I know because I wanted to look around at his showroom and check out the range one day. He had his hand on his gun in a not-so-subtle manner the entire time I was in there. He observed me constantly through squinty eyes and barely grunted answers to my questions. I felt like a row of steel poppers seconds before the start buzzer. Never went back. That was years ago.

Correct the IL range is indoor so it's not exactly what the OP wants.
    As for going to IL to shoot. No I have not lost my head. Our own melensdad was the one that provided the info for that range which I think he has gone to.

In terms of out door ranges near NWI. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Unless you got several millions to buy the old griffith gold course and convert it. :D
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ourse_for_sale_25_acres_public_gun_range.html

sdman11890

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Highland
    Correct the IL range is indoor so it's not exactly what the OP wants.
    As for going to IL to shoot. No I have not lost my head. Our own melensdad was the one that provided the info for that range which I think he has gone to.

In terms of out door ranges near NWI. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Unless you got several millions to buy the old griffith gold course and convert it. :D
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ourse_for_sale_25_acres_public_gun_range.html

Any chance of anybody ever actually doin that? Cuz that would be *****in!

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010

Same guy is still there and he is still the same. I went there once and would never go back.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    NW In shooting

North Porter Conv Club NPCCC Chesterton Meetings second Tues at clubhouse on old 49 and Tollroad 7pm Get a membership and use the
    ranges M-F 9am till dusk.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    North Porter Conv Club NPCCC Chesterton Meetings second Tues at clubhouse on old 49 and Tollroad 7pm Get a membership and use the
    ranges M-F 9am till dusk.

If It was just paying the dues, I;d be all over it. Unfortunately I don't see myself having the time to the required volunteer work and have time to shoot either.

Shame, because it's probably only 15-20 minutes from house.

Top Bottom