• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where can I shoot 100 yards plus near Fort Wayne? I go to Roush Lake range in Huntington, but can only shoot 100 yards there. I have a Spike's AR-15 and just got my used ACOG TA31f-RMR!!!!!! scoe!!!!. Its the first time I have ever sighted in a scope. I got it adjusted to where I could hit about every thing in a 10 inch circle from 100 yards, just resting the rifle on the magazine. I used about 100 rounds. I know I can do better after I get a bag or a good shooting rest. Is a front bag O.K. or should I get a good shooting rest? What should my group be at 100 yards with a 4 power ACOG? I didn't shoot with the RMR red dot site, thay have no adjustment? I wiil call Trijicon for an owners Manuel. Thanks.

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks!!! I've heard one person talk about a range in Roanoke so I didn't have any info. Now I have the number! I'll call tomorrow.

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just called and went to the website, its GREAT! so much closer than Roush Lake, and seams to have everything you would want in a range. The shooters at work have not talked about Hillside so I'll have to let them know. The only down side is now I'll be spending more on ammo than I thought!:laugh:

dmorrow23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    If you don't get about a 2" group with 3 shots, you will not be on paper at 200+ yards, with that scope you should hit a bull 95% of the time. I wouldn't rest on the mag. that is not a good pivot point while trying to sight in a scope. Good luck, enjoy.

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'll probably end up getting a rest bag. Hillside's website said it had a rifle marksman course last month, I'll have to check and see if they offer it again this year.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    New Castle
    With that sight you should be able to group as good as a scope with crosshairs. I sighted in a Springfield ACOG and I thought that thing could do well at 100yrd but it grouped about 1 1/2. Made me a believer

Top Bottom