• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I am looking for a place to shoot billiards? South of Indy or close, prefer non alcohol (I have no problem with alcohol) but will consider anyplace. I was a pretty good shot many years ago and have the itch to play. Anyone have suggestions?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am looking for a place to shoot billiards? South of Indy or close, prefer non alcohol (I have no problem with alcohol) but will consider anyplace. I was a pretty good shot many years ago and have the itch to play. Anyone have suggestions?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo......memory's

No idea these days. Some of the local pubs have tables.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    No, I really want to play, I was very deep into the game 30 years ago and just want to shoot with wife and friends for fun.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Roughly 4000 S. Madison on the east side of Madison. It was a great pool hall up to maybe 2 years ago. Now they've got video games in there as well. Good tables, Bring your own stick if possible.
    Oh, cue balls seem a bit heavy so 17oz or above would my uninformed advice. I see a few guys using break sticks on the tables as well.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Roughly 4000 S. Madison on the east side of Madison. It was a great pool hall up to maybe 2 years ago. Now they've got video games in there as well. Good tables, Bring your own stick if possible.
    Oh, cue balls seem a bit heavy so 17oz or above would my uninformed advice. I see a few guys using break sticks on the tables as well.
    4000 s? I will have to look? 1lb. + cue ball seems odd?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooo......memory's

No idea these days. Some of the local pubs have tables.

Grew up skipping school at a pool hall in Noblesville learning the fine art of 8/9 ball and snooker. It was 25 cents a game and an old man named Smiley ran the place.
    I'd love to find a place that has a snooker table.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Unfortunately I'm too far away, but would love to join you . Most of my experiences occurred during my service time. I was part of an 8 ball team that traveled from bar to bar like playing baseball.. Had home games. & away games. Boy was that fun. After I got out & came home the only places that I frequented with a table also had clothing optional entertainment. Playing for beers,my buddy could cut & I could bank so we tended to overwhelm the inebriated until we joined them with our winnings. LOL. Good luck on your search!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Grew up skipping school at a pool hall in Noblesville learning the fine art of 8/9 ball and snooker. It was 25 cents a game and an old man named Smiley ran the place.
    I'd love to find a place that has a snooker table.

There was a "Place" on west 10th street in Indy well back in the day. 25 cents a rack. 1 sweet snooker table and the rest were well cared for 8/9 ball tables. Winter (work slowed down) I could spend an entire afternoon honing my skills and catch a few good games with the locals. It was a calm place where absolutely no BS was tolerated. I miss that place.

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    My roommates and I used to go to John Wayne's Pub at Madison and Stop 11 back in college. Plenty of tables there, and I also believe they do/did leagues there as well.

Top Bottom