• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    We were on vacation in Laguna Beach Ca. We were going to go to San Diego zoo during the day then the Padres game that nite. The zoo was closed and the game was cancelled. So we went for a drive down Ortega Hwy and went for a hike in Cleveland National forest.

Last edited:

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I was taking the ISTEPS for sophomore year. We didn't have tv's on and we just heard teachers talking about it. They wouldn't tell us anything and there was a PA about how we shouldn't be afraid and such, which made it worse in the testing room. They eventually turned on the tv after the second plane hit.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was a senior in high school. We happened to be on a trip to the City County building in Indy. I was sitting in on an attempted murder trial when someone walked in and whispered to the judge. He then gave some jury instructions and told everyone there was some sort of bomb threat and we all had to evacuate. We all met up at the City Market and started watching the news. I remember one girl's mother was on a flight to California and she was starting to lose it worrying about her mom. Then we realized that no planes were in the sky.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I was already on the road I had a call to make in Muncie and had stopped at the Speedway at I69 & sr32 for a cup of coffee. I heard about it when I got back in the car and immediately called home then went on to my inspection where myself and the client watched the coverage for about an hour. actually saw the live footage of the plane flying into the second tower.
    I went on to complete my appointments all over the northern part of the state but it was one of the hardest things I had ever done to just continue working and not go home and pack up a SHTF bag.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I went back to college for ministry at the age of 25. I lived in the dorms and had one of the larger TVs among the students. We were getting ready for chapel when one of the guys came running down the hall and told me to turn my TV on. Within minutes at least 15 guys had crammed into my tiny room. We were all confused and shocked at first. When we watched the second plane hit some of us were scared, some of us were angry and all of us were worried.

Chapel that morning was rough, some of the students were wailing, almost everyone was crying. The Dean didn't have any more information than Fox had already covered before we left my room. Classes were cancelled for the next couple days and the students that had ministries were encouraged to hurry to their churches to see how they could help their congregations. I remember that I had a level of clarity and focus that I have rarely felt.

I learned later that a good friend lost his brother at the Pentagon.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I was sitting in my Criminology class at ISU. My buddy, now State Trooper, walks in and shares the news. Professor walks in and cancels class and sends us all back to our tv's.....sad sad day!

Dave00c5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    South Bend
    I was paving the new parking lot for the Hummer H2 at AM General here in Mishawaka In. Being a military truck supplier did they immediately increase security. They started inspecting the cabs of my dump trucks and i told the cops to give me his hand. I pressed it onto my dump bed and he said wow thats hot. I said yeah thats how you know i'm hauling hot asphalt as opposed to a bomb or something. He thanked me for the info as before that he was only looking into our cabs and lunchboxs.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Yes I remember.

I was working in my shop at home near the town of Chapin,SC on Lake Murray and waiting for a phone call from our daughter in Ft. Wayne,IN to tell us our first grandchild had been born. We held our breath after the second plane hit praying for those directly involved and hoping that our first grandchild's birthday would not be forever associated with that terrible day. She was born three days later on 09/14/2001.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Sitting in Petro(now Pomps) tires on Harding street on the south side side of Indy.. watching the news when the coverage came on , watched the second plane, then the buildings go down.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I was 18 still living at home. Left my tv on all night by accident and woke up a few min before the second plane hit. Then watched the news all day in shock.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Stopped to offer assistance to my boy's bus driver,
    who had pulled over and stopped on a country road with his flashers on.
    (no kids had been picked up yet)
    He told me what was on the radio.
    We spoke a few words knowing full well who was responsible and I
    went back home to watch the second plane hit.

I can not think of a worse day in America's History.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I worked third shift the night before and was woken by cell phone and home phone ringing. I watched the second plane hit. Sad day. :patriot: Oddly enough my paycheck was sitting in the second tower. We were cut hand written checks from the office instead of getting them in the mail.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I was in California getting ready for work. It was my second day at my new job, in charge of staffing and operations of a rural hospital, and we were already busting at the seams beyond capacity the day before. My husband came to get me to tell me that a plane had crashed into one of the WTC buildings. I said, "That is NOT funny. Stop it." Then I looked at his face and knew he wasn't joking. I got to the TV just as they were reporting Flight 175 hitting the south tower. I watched TV as the towers collapsed and then had to tear myself from the TV to go to work.

When I got to the hospital, every bed, including our overflow unit was full. The ER was overflowing and since air traffic was shut down (even to emergency traffic at that time) we couldn't fly anyone out to bigger hospitals/trauma centers.

I had quit smoking almost six months earlier and by noon I was back to smoking again.

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    i was sitting in the office watching the early show....my morning thing ....when bryant gumble stoped talking and said wow...a place just crashed in down town ney york.....were going live to a affilate in ny now.......spent the rest of the day in front of the tv watching at home with the wife and kids.........

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was in the middle of art class in 8th grade. Teacher turned the tv on just in time to see the second tower struck. I remember feeling really sad about the people that lost there lives. It was a catholic school so we all started praying. The tv was still on as we were praying and i remember as the towers were going down I started to get real angry at the people who would do this.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I was working 3rd shift. Had laid down to sleep and got a call from my uncle telling me to turn on the TV and that we would be going to war. I watched as the second tower was hit. I stayed in front of the TV for most of the afternoon. I usually keep my rifles unloaded in the safe but that day everything I had was loaded up fully (silly in hindsight, I know).

The scariest part was my sister and a friend of hers were headed down to Florida by plane. She later told us that the pilot came on over the cabin and made a statement that they were being diverted to the nearest airport immediately. She said that they set down in a commercial airport around Knoxville and she watched 2 F16's take off from that airport. She told us she remembers thinking, "I've never seen that before." One of the passengers whipped out a radio and they started listening to the news coverage of the tragedy. A lot of nervous glances went around the cabin looking for anyone of Middle-eastern descent. I couldn't imagine how nerve-wracking that must have been. She ended up having to rent a car and drive back to Indiana.

Top Bottom