where would i find wooden pallets (hopefully free)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    There's a business that sells used pallets on the side. It's on Oliver St. & Belmont St. on the S/W side of Indy. The business' name is Shorewood Packaging. They're across from the Omni Source metal recycling facility.

I'd give them a call instead of just showing up.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Depending on exactly how many you need and when you need them I may be able to get them from work for you. Shoot me a PM and I can maybe bring some home Friday and you can come pick them up this weekend.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    grocery stores will sometimes stack them outside behind the store.
    But, you better danged well have the store managers permission to remove them or you are going to be facing felony charges. Someone not too long ago got busted for removing cardboard boxes for moving. Went to jail for it. Don't assume they're free.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    But, you better danged well have the store managers permission to remove them or you are going to be facing felony charges. Someone not too long ago got busted for removing cardboard boxes for moving. Went to jail for it. Don't assume they're free.

Ya there are company's that pay stores for there old pallets.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy

In the retail world they are called pallet pirates... ARGH!!

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    If your close to 465 & 37 on the South Side, your more than welcome to the ones we have at the warehouse. Give me a pm and I'll let you know where it's at.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Menards or Lowes

Lowes doesn't give out pallets per company policy. They are returned to the distribution center to be re-used or recycled. If an employee has been giving them to you, they are doing so in violation of company policy, and if caught, will be terminated.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A few years ago, I wanted some rough lumber to build some bird houses. I went around to a business or two and just asked. As I remember, I didn't have to ask but a couple before somebody said "take all you want".

KDW77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Tranter Industries in Franklin manufacture wooden pallets. Sometimes they have a stack of odd balls or one with a broken or missing slat for free. The also have scrap bins full of small pieces you can have for free. That's where I pick up firewood kindling.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The Menards in Lafayette will all but pay YOU to take them away!

I deal with them daily. I have to beg the delivery drivers to take back the ones I don't want to deal with.

I just burned two perfectly good pallets yesterday because I don't have anyplace to keep them, and to me they are a dime a dozen.

Try Menards.

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    If anybody in Columbus area ever needs any, I can get you all you want for free, you may have to cut shorter, a little longer than normal, alot of times we have regular ones too.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I don't know where you can get them in Indy but down here in Evansville there is a electronics warehouse that lets me have all I want.
    A few years ago I cut them up & burned them in a wood burner to help heat my house when I was a bit down on my luck.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Geoflow in Bedford (on John Williams) used to give away the pallets and empty 55 gallon steel drums (A/B Foam). Not sure if they still do or not, but I remember loading down my truck with about 20 of the pallets one day (banded free of charge), and half a dozen barrels or so.

Top Bottom