• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damitchell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    I would like to take my wife to the range so that she can learn how to fire a .25 auto that I got her for self defense. Do anyone know of a place in Indianapolis, Fishers, Carmel, etc.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ummm... not really any GREAT ones.. lol. Pops is the best that I've come across.. If you ever find yourself in Lafayette, Applied Ballistics is the best range I've ever been in.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    There are several ranges to choose from.

In the "General Firearms Discussion" section, there is a "Sticky" thread at the top with a list of ranges in Indiana.

Some places to keep in mind are Atlanta Conservation Club, Hamilton County Fish & Game, Eagle Creek Pistol Range (A great place to take a new shooter as it's semi sheltered and has full time range officers) & Marion County fish and game. There are others as well.

And welcome to INGO!

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I would recommend Eagle Creek Pistol Range for a first time shooter. They are very big on safety and maintaining the rules. If a range officer spots a newer person, they'll tend to stick around you to make sure everything is going smoothly as well. Personally, I want as many eyes on a new shooter as possible in case I miss something. Good luck and have fun!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Pop's isn't a personal choice IMO.......unless you like waiting in long lines just to get into the range.....otherwise you're pretty much limited to outdoor ranges such as those already mentioned

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I'm not sure there are great ranges in the Indy area. Sad. Don's is great if you only want to shoot for 30 minutes and freeze your rear off. Pop Guns is OK but you have to go plenty early or you'll wait for a lane. Pop Guns does let you add up to two more bodies at an additional $5 a piece. Took two friends shooting: $31/hour. Not bad.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    There is a range in Fortville. Don't have any experience with them other than my daughter has told me she hears shooting sometimes when she's travelling to and from school there in Fortville. Indiana Gun Club

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Needs to be a good indoor range built in the Indy area! Thought someone was in process of doing that but can't remember for sure!

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I believe there will be one opening soon at Indy Trading Post over by Madison and Troy on the southside.
    I could be mistaken, but I thought they said it would be open by the end of the year.

carry4me

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I would suggest outside as well, going for the first time to an indoor range can be very intimidating

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I believe there will be one opening soon at Indy Trading Post over by Madison and Troy on the southside.
    I could be mistaken, but I thought they said it would be open by the end of the year.

As another poster stated, this shop is now open. There are 5 lanes that are well lit and have plenty of room to maneuver. The guys that work there are great and it has become our favorite place to shoot. Right now it's only $6.00/30 minutes. Dons is way overpriced and I've heard the wait at pops can be frustrating.

Top Bottom