• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madgenius85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    terre haute
    Hey guys i posted the other day about reloading. I can not find powder anywhere except one place that has very few options and everywhere i check online is sold out! We have a gun show coming next weekend put on by central indiana gunshow. I imagine they will have some i hope at decent prices.

maverick5990

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Plainfield
    It's the same problem as 22lr. Limited production and high demand. It is hard to justify a huge expense to create new supplies for short term gains. In case you didn't know, Hodgdon does not make any powder, they only distribute under various names what others manufacture. They started with surplus powder after WWII. Check your bottles, a lot of it is made in Australia. They are shipping as much as ever, but demand beats supply! Simple economics, supply and demand, not a government conspiracy. Many more reloaders than this time last year!

Brassman65

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    anderson
    I have some on my shelf, I picked them up down at the 1500 one year for a reasonable price and I still havent burned through it yet. But I assume powder is just another manufactured shortage. People stockpiling it for no real reason

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I have some on my shelf, I picked them up down at the 1500 one year for a reasonable price and I still havent burned through it yet. But I assume powder is just another manufactured shortage. People stockpiling it for no real reason

That combined with folks like myself who just recently started loading for one reason or another who can't find any buy up whatever they find... Self defeating cycle. I just wonder when it will end?

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    For what it's worth- Seems like I can get what I need at Indy 1500 when it comes to town 5 times a year. Nothing like the old days. But most of my time now is spent plinking instead of developing the best loads for my rifles. Better days will probably never come. Good thing my rifles have "best loads" reloaded and on-hand. Hardest thing now is to decide which rifle to use when I hunt out-of-state each year. Good shooting!

theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    The people who say the powder situation is never going to get any better are blind. You can buy as much as you want of anything but powder. It will catch up also. And when it does itll be everywhere. Just like they are never going to catch up on AR's, parts and accessories.. Gunshops cant give them away now.. Same will happen with powder. Wait and see..

Top Bottom