Wheres the FAQ about transporting without LTCH?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    So my Dad let his LTCH expire a while back and has gotten back into pistols and picked up one today and wanted to know what he could and couldn't do. I was looking for the FAQ that I'm sure I saw on here before but I cant find it anywhere and I don't want to accidentally give him bad info.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks for the links!

the Indiana Code was perfect .. I do wonder though .. What if you have to park away from your house, range, where ever.. and have to carry a sidearm a few blocks?

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette
    IANAL, but it seems to me that would be a problem. Basically, unless you are in your vehicle or on property where you have permission, carrying without a license is illegal. I don't see any "few blocks" exception in there.

--Bill

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I would be surprised if there wasn't a precedent. Almost every way of breaking the "letter" of the law (pick one) while trying to honor the "spirit" has been done and ended up in court.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I would be surprised if there wasn't a precedent. Almost every way of breaking the "letter" of the law (pick one) while trying to honor the "spirit" has been done and ended up in court.

The change in the law that allows unlicensed transport is only a couple years old. I'm positive there is no case law on this. Heck, we don't even have case law on the ridiculous "school event" law. Most things like that never do get case law because the cops don't arrest people and the prosecutors don't want to waste their time.

Top Bottom