• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I went with a savage precisely because it DOES NOT have all the available upgrades of a 10-22. I was only looking for a plinker and knew that I would end up with way more than a plinker and tons of money in accessories if I bought the Ruger...

Pestulence

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    Marlin model 60, right out of the box, new or used. Can't go wrong for the money. Add a scope, have fun all day.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks folks, this is great info. Any of you with a 10/22 have any issues with reliability or feeding issues with the Ruger 25 round mags? How about ammo? Does it prefer one type over another? Sounds like I'll stay away from the Remington ammo.

The one I had would only reliably cycle hyper velocity ammo. It was not worth spedning the extra money.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    like has been said already, the Ruger 10/22 is hard to beat. it won't be the most accurate(still very accurate for plinkng) out of the box .22, but at $199.99 I don't see why anyone would second guess this for a first .22
    all in all, i don't think you could go wrong with any of your options

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I have a marlin model 60 and a ruger 10/22. I love them both. I will tell you I have spent more money on the 10/22 then I originally paid for it.:D I guess it is fun making it your own. My model 60 is stock, it shoots awesome and I have had it for over 20 years.

EAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I love my 10/22. I used it at my first Appleseed a couple weeks ago and it did a great job in the wet and cold conditions. My 2 youngest kids (10 girl, 13 boy) shoot it with ease.

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    I'm a huge Marlin fan. My Marlins have always been more accurate than any of my friends Rugers. If you want a semi auto I would say go with the model 60. I recently purchased a Xt22tr, which is bolt action, and its the most accurate 22 I have ever shot. Both guns are tube fed, therefore no problems with mags. They both will eat any kind of ammo you put through them. The Xt22tr with CCI stingers is a very deadly combination.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Get a Marlin bolt action, with a tube feed. Mine is scary accurate, and no mags to contend with. You can get a semi auto later, but Marlin bolt actions are hard to beat for the money.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I went with a savage precisely because it DOES NOT have all the available upgrades of a 10-22. I was only looking for a plinker and knew that I would end up with way more than a plinker and tons of money in accessories if I bought the Ruger...

Ditto. I've got enough guns to sink money into without adding another. I got a Savage 64 and made Rifleman with it at my first Appleseed.

Top Bottom