• Which 22 should I buy?

• Total voters

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Not a problem at all. I have quite the collection of .22 handguns and rifles. I spend a lot of time researching and just plain reading.

Well, which do you like best and why? Originally I thought a 10/22 would be assume since you can customize the heck out of it but I think that a handgun might actually be funnier to shoot. I don't know to be honest...:dunno:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    List

I have Ruger 10/22's, 96/22,77/22, Savage, Henry, S&W, old Mossbergs, Marlin and Rossi in .22Rifles. I have Ruger Mk I, II, III and Charger handguns along with a single six, Sp101 and a S&W 317. My Savage is probably the most accurate right out of the box. I love my 10/22's because I can do anything with them and don't need to pay for repairs if needed.

I am a dedicated Ruger fan all the way but I still like some of the others.

I spend more time shooting the rifles and the Chargers than anything else I own.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    It really all depends???

Depends on what you want a .22 for--Hand gun-Rifle--or what?
    For me:Handgun= the Ruger MK I-III is hard to beat
    Rifle=An older Marlin Model 60, or spin off of, is hard to beat.
    I have two 10-22's that I have "Bolted" on the desired accessories+they do well+shoot nice.
    I have 4-5 Marlin 60's or spin offs of, and they usually shoot better stock than the 10-22's do stock, at a lot lower cost.
    My "First" gun is a Marlin Golden 39A, that was bought in '68', with paper route $, for $89.95 NIB. I sent it back to Marlin in the '80's for a re-blue+complete go-over. It will go to my Grandson--If I ever have one??? Bill..

Freeborn Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Memphis, IN
    If you do want a semi and have an AR, get a dedicated upper for your AR like the CMMG.

I agree with the AR upper. I bought a dedicated upper (Tac Sol) for my AR and shot a whole brick through it the first time I took it out! I have a 10/22 as well but the AR conversion takes it for me. When I took the AR to the last shoot with some friends, they loved it and thought it was the most fun gun to shoot that day and there was a .223 AR there.

Matt

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Other... You really need to look at the GSG1911-22. The GSG1911 is a supremely accurate, and durable handgun. It also allows you to practice with the inexpensive .22 LR ammo, in the same configuration as a regular 1911, since more than 75% of the firearm is interchangeable with any other 1911.

My GSG1911 has more than 18,000 round through it and is still as accurate today as the day it was purchased.

Here are some of my crappy cell phone reviews of the GSG1911:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QrvAUc2prU[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kEggeo1itg[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zZrIKwvw3I[/ame]

The latest vid on a different camera:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRJE87Gd86M[/ame]

That is my :twocents:

PastorBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Wabash
    The Sig Mosquito has too many issues (though none too big to be a deal breaker); the Walther P22 is too small and feels like a toy in my hands. I haven't got my hands on on the S&W M&P22, but it looks quite nice. The EAA combo 9mm/22 is a great but heavy setup and Springfield is insane because they haven't come up with a 22 version of th XD/XDM (which would be my number one choice were it a real option).

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The Sig Mosquito has too many issues (though none too big to be a deal breaker); the Walther P22 is too small and feels like a toy in my hands. I haven't got my hands on on the S&W M&P22, but it looks quite nice. The EAA combo 9mm/22 is a great but heavy setup and Springfield is insane because they haven't come up with a 22 version of th XD/XDM (which would be my number one choice were it a real option).

The reason might just be that Springfield Armory does not manufacture the XD line of pistols. All XD's have always been manufactured in Croatia, by HS Produkt, and were once known as HS2000's before Springfield entered into an agreement to market the pistols in the US.

Maybe, if Springfield asks the Croatians really nicely, they will produce a .22lr version. :D

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I think I'd get a CZ 452 (I guess it's the 455 if you buy new now) in a bolt Gun or a M&P in a semiauto.

PastorBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Wabash
    The reason might just be that Springfield Armory does not manufacture the XD line of pistols. All XD's have always been manufactured in Croatia, by HS Produkt, and were once known as HS2000's before Springfield entered into an agreement to market the pistols in the US.

Maybe, if Springfield asks the Croatians really nicely, they will produce a .22lr version. :D

The Croatians gave us neckties and ballpoint pens. I'll give them both back for a .22 XDM conversion kit!

PastorBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Wabash
    I just picked up a S&W M&P22!!!! Down By The Tracks had one in stock so I cleared my afternoon schedule and went to pick it up. Way nicer than the P22 or Sig Mosquito. I can't wait to shoot it.

Top Bottom