• Which 22 should I buy?

• Total voters

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    10/22, because if you have to ask, you don't already own one, and even stock, they are a ball and everyone needs at least one! Those are other good choices and good suggestions too btw! Good luck!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I voted for the 10/22, but I would get both the 10/22 first and then the p22 when funds are available.

Really can't go wrong with any of your choices. .22s are great! Cheap to feed all day!

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I have an old High Standard (1951) that will knock a fly off a dogs butt at 50 yards, but my favorite is the Henry I just purchased. It's the H0001 with a hooded sight and buckhorn rear adjustable sights. The fit and finish is second to none...an absolutely beautiful rifle. The lever action IS buttery smooth and at 50 yards I can place 16 lr rounds into a three inch group using just the iron sights. Made one adjustment to the elevation on the rear sight out of the box...that's it.

I know there are a lot of owners that love thier 10-22's and love to accessorise them to personal taste, and that's terrific But call me old school...I just love this Henry lever action.

The people at Henry say that they are going to be second to none when it comes to using American materials and hand building each rifle in America and customer service so I decided to test their customer service. Called them and ask to speak to Anthoney Imperato (owner/President/CEO). He picked up at the first ring and we spoke for about ten minutes talking about how I appreciated the quality of the Henry and the fact that he makes them in America. He was very gratious and thanked me for the call and the trust in and purchase of one of his rifles. How many other owners could you pick up the phone, call and speak with today. Not likely many.

Consider the Henry lever action in the .22. They're great rifles.

cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    CZ 452 unless you are looking for a semi. If you do want a semi and have an AR, get a dedicated upper for your AR like the CMMG.

himant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    ruger 10-22, been around forever and function flawlessly..lots of great aftermarket parts to make it shoot even better

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I voted 10/22. Have one that's been in the family for years reliably. Easy to find upgrade/replacement parts if need be or desired. People love to customize you know.

If it were for Handgun my vote would be: MKIII 22/45 or GSG 1911-22--love 'em both, cheap fun and they both have adjustable sights which is a huge plus for me.

ZWolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Marlin model 60 for rifle and a S&W 22a for pistol. Have both and love shooting both.
    Hate to thread jack, but does anyone know what I can do if the adjustable sight on the Marlin isn't adjusting?

Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    I voted other. I 2nd the comments regarding the Henry .22 lever action rifle. This gun is an absolute blast to shoot! I plan on getting a ruger 10/22 pretty soon but starting out i wanted something that was not too common. I get compliments on my Henry every time I take it to the range, and everybody wants to send a few rounds down range into the steel plates with it! It shoots great and the action is very smooth. I have not had any problems in the first 5,000 put through the rifle, not one!
    I have the Sig Sauer Mosquito and can advise you to pass on this firearm. It has served its intended purpose for myself as a full size training semi-auto pistol shooting platform similar to other, larger caliber firearms. But it has quite a few problems which i won't go into here. I will be picking up my GSG 1911 .22 in the next few weeks and can't wait to shoot that!!! Good luck with whatever you get.
    Ruger does seem to have the market cornered on .22 caliber firearms, can't go wrong if it says Ruger on it.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    P22! Just because its fun to shoot! Up close and a little ways out! My wife loves it and so do all of my friends! Its cheap and fun to shoot. Passing mags and a gun off to a friend to shoot gets you a big puppy dog eye face from your friends:):

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    frame design

The #45 inn the Ruger 22/45 signifies the angle of the grip. The polymer frame is the exact angle as a standard 1911. It was originally produced for the guys that shoot Bullseye matches so they don't have to change grip angle when switching between the 1911 and a .22 pistol

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    The #45 inn the Ruger 22/45 signifies the angle of the grip. The polymer frame is the exact angle as a standard 1911. It was originally produced for the guys that shoot Bullseye matches so they don't have to change grip angle when switching between the 1911 and a .22 pistol

Thanks!

Top Bottom