• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Great info guys keep it coming. I had thought of a new upper but seems like I don't take as disciplined shots with my ARs. I just can't help myself from rapid succession shots. Its the kid in me I guess. Give me a bolt gun though and I tend to take each shot more seriously. Iwill take a look at the Savage line. I have a friend with a model 12 and its been very accurate for me.

ARvarients004.jpg

If you set it up right and take some time you can make some really long shots with the AR platform. Rock River Varminter upper with 1/7- 24" stainless.
    I have changed the glass to a Bushnell Trophy series since this pic. It has taken Coyote at 250 yds no sweat. 62 gr Hornady no wind.

joker762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Logansport
    I've got a savage model 10fp with a redfield 4-12x40 scope and at a 100yds, using the hornady superformance 53gr ammo, it'll shoot 3 shot groups you can cover with a dime all day long!

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    The Tikka T3 offers a 1:8 barrel in 223 Rem; the Savage 12VLP can be had with a 1:7 barrel.

The 75gr HPBT does just fine to 650yds from a 1:9 barrel. That said, my 22" 1:7 223AI tube should be here Wednesday and I plan to launch the 80gr A-Max @ 2900fps+.
    +1

Don't discount the T3. It's a lights out hands down shooter, however may be out of your price range if you want rifle + optic, as the stock on the t3 lite may need to be replaced.

Another very viable option is an AR.

GunnSlinger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Ok. I checked out the Savage 10fp and I really like what I see. But its also offered in 308. This definitely has me tempted to build a 308 bolt gun now AND build an accuracy hound upper for the AR platform. Hopefully my rifle in the classifieds sells soon so I can get started!!!!! Thanks to everyone for their input and experienced opinions.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Ok. I checked out the Savage 10fp and I really like what I see. But its also offered in 308. This definitely has me tempted to build a 308 bolt gun now AND build an accuracy hound upper for the AR platform. Hopefully my rifle in the classifieds sells soon so I can get started!!!!! Thanks to everyone for their input and experienced opinions.

this is the one i have, but mine is a 308
    Savage 10FPSR LE 223 THREADED BBL $617.00 SHIPS FREE

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom