• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The liberty mystic x sounds good. If it didn't limit barrel length on 556, it would be a no brainer. Also, I'd like one that's shorter. It will mainly be for a sig mpx. Any suggestions?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    The Mystic X is a jack of all trades but master of none. It'll sound fairly decent on 9mm but you'll be disappointed with its performance on 5.56 and .22lr. When having a bore diameter large enough for 9mm, the smaller calibers will have rather poor suppression.

If you can find a dealer that still has them, the AAC Ti-Rant 9 is incredibly quiet. The SilencerCo Octane 9 is almost as quiet but can be found a lot easier. The Huntertown 9mm can is fairly long so I thought it would have decent sound suppression. I was surprised when any other can sounded noticibly quieter.

Last edited:

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    But seriously, The AAC is insanely quiet. The Revolution 9 comes with an extra tube to change the configuration from short to Long or vice versa and is completely user serviceable.
    I couldn't decide so i have Form 4's out for both! :D

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Another vote for the tirant 9. I told a friend I wanted to hear a tirant 9s because the full size is so quiet.

Having recommended it again, I will say AAC is sucking ass at getting accessories out for us to buy. I've emailed, called and been lied to on the phone.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    You guys shut up about the T-rait already!!! I have not even got my Rev9 yet and you already have me wanting to buy the T-raint too...lol AAC put up a post on Facebook about them sucking getting some stuff out to customers and taking responsibility for it. I really love their logo and need to buy something from them. Maybe it will be the T-raint.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I bought a Tirant as well, very quiet, but the Neilson system on mine keeps coming undone; they're not supposed to do that. Red loctite every once in a while.

Besides it looking like a pipe bomb, I'm happy with it.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I bought a Tirant as well, very quiet, but the Neilson system on mine keeps coming undone; they're not supposed to do that. Red loctite every once in a while.

Besides it looking like a pipe bomb, I'm happy with it.

Red loctite doesn't make it a PITA to disassemble? I've just used Teflon tape on mine and it's always stayed tight.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Im kind of new to the suppressor game but my next stamp is gonna be for a pistol caliber can and Im looking at getting one of the YHM Sidewinder suppressors in 9mm.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I can still get the piston out easy, that cap doesn't get loctited.

What gets loctited is apparently a part of the can that should never come out (booster module, forgot what it was called)

Take Apart TiRant 45 not coming apart right - SilencerTalk

Oh I gotcha now. Mine comes apart there when I try to tighten the suppressor to the pistol and I'm grabbing it from the tube (left hand threads for a Sig). If i tighten it while holding the end cap, everything works.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I went with the TiRant 45. It will cover all the 9mm and .45 sub guns. They make pistons and fixed barrel spacers for most applications.
    I wished I had gone with a 7.62 can after I bought my 5.56. Tried to plan ahead a little better this time. :twocents:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Oh I gotcha now. Mine comes apart there when I try to tighten the suppressor to the pistol and I'm grabbing it from the tube (left hand threads for a Sig). If i tighten it while holding the end cap, everything works.

Yup, I have M13.5x1LH threads on my M11A1 and M&P, puts extra strain on the module so it comes unthreaded a lot more than its supposed to

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yup, I have M13.5x1LH threads on my M11A1 and M&P, puts extra strain on the module so it comes unthreaded a lot more than its supposed to

Interesting. I'll have to watch out for that, since that is the piston for the MPX. I also bought one that is M16x1LH for a couple of other sub guns.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Interesting. I'll have to watch out for that, since that is the piston for the MPX. I also bought one that is M16x1LH for a couple of other sub guns.

One fix for this would be the 3 lug adapter for the Tirant.

But AAC would actually have to get them in stock (like the Evo/Eco mount I've been waiting on for 3 months and ordered while in stock) and you'd have to get the 3 lug mount from Tros.

But if you're using it as a pistol can too, then the 3 lug system would slow things down going back and forth from 3 lug to Nielson device

Top Bottom