• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springfield fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Seymour
    I haven't owned an AR for about 5 years and didn't have it long. It was a Bushmaster and functioned well. I am wondering, what other brands should I consider when looking for a quality rifle? FWIW, my budget is about $1500.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    BCM BHF LW midlength upper, MOE furniture, mount n slot sling attachments, aimpoint T-1 (or other minis), and a light. BCM blemished lower. I assembled this rifle with a regular profile barrel and an eotech, and wish I'd opted for lw/aimpoint.

Or you could get a colt and put an aimpoint on it. Whatever you do, think about the lightweight barrel as an option. The accuracy is said to be comparable, and lightening up your rifle is a good thing.

With your budget, I'd avoid all but the tier-1 companies, BCM, LMT, colt, noveske, DD, and knights being a few.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    what do you want to do with the rifle?

if a bullet hose I'd spend $599 on a Palmetto armory 16" and the rest on ammo.

if target varmint shooting I'd buy a good 20" upper BCM, DD, Colt, LMt a cheap lower, stock of your chosing, Giselle trigger, and a leupold VX-II

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    If your wanting to spend the money on a high end AR I would get a Colt, But stick with the .223 cheaper to shoot, and greater ammo availability

docbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Because prices between brands are so similar, I don't see any reason to go with anything but companies that use the best materials and quality control. Therefore, I recommend Vulcan - they make the machine guns for the special forces.

In all reality, Colt, LMT, BCM, and Daniel Defense all make great ARs at the same price point as other manufacturers like RRA, Bushmaster, DPMS, ect, but with better QA QC. Go with one of those.

Top Bottom