• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    I'm in the market for a new AR-15/M-4 style riffle. I'm not wanting one that breaks the bank, but one just to have a little bit of fun with. I would like to customize it with rails, red dot scope, forward grip, light and whatever else to make it "tactical".

In the past I haven't been much into shooting automatic rifles. I'm more of a hand gun and hunting rifle (lever & bolt action) type of person.

I'm familiar with the M-16 from my military gate duty days, but haven't picked one up in about 7 years. After shooting my little brothers Olympic Arms AR a few weeks ago, I fell in love and I'm wanting something to tinker and have fun with.

I've been scowering the net looking for good deals as well as hitting a few local shops. Some of the better deals I have found have been on budsgunshop.com (I've bought a few firearms from them in the past and they seem to have some of the best prices).

My question to you all is, what are your opinions of the two AR's I have listed below or if you know of something else in the price range of $600-$800.00 please let me know.

The two rifles I'm looking at are:

Double Star 15 -
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 16" 6 Pos. Stock .223 $669.00 SHIPS FREE

DPMS A3 Lite -
    DPMS Panther A3 Lite 16" $735.00 SHIPS FREE

I am heading to the 1500 this weekend to see if I can find a deal better than what Budsgunshop.com has listed or whatever you all suggest. I'm not making a special trip to the 1500 just to look at AR's but also picking up reloading supplies.

Thanks in advance ~ Matt

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Was going to suggest the 1500. That show over the years has become one of the best places to get a hands on idea of all kinds of AR variants. In the past, most of the mail order companies were there, like J&T, Model 1, etc. They have a bunch of different types of uppers so you can really get a feel for what you want. There were many times that I was there helping a friend that I said they should change the name to the "AR-15 Indy Show".

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    Was going to suggest the 1500. That show over the years has become one of the best places to get a hands on idea of all kinds of AR variants. In the past, most of the mail order companies were there, like J&T, Model 1, etc. They have a bunch of different types of uppers so you can really get a feel for what you want. There were many times that I was there helping a friend that I said they should change the name to the "AR-15 Indy Show".

There are a lot of AR's at the show. This will be the first time going actually looking for an AR. We will just see if I can get one to fit me!

Longshot308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Westfield, In
    Really try to decide what handguard configuration, setup, trigger, etc. you need before you buy. It can all be changed later for more $$ so try to get close the first time. Flip up front and rear sights should be one option to look at.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    If you don't make it out to the 1500 I'd probably suggest driving down to Bradis guns they have a wide selection ranging from budget AR's to high end AR's plus they have a bunch of used AR's.

That way you can pull a bunch down off the racks & see exactly what configuration you want.

dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    flat top M&P from smith and wesson. used to own one and it was great. accurate and easy to expand the platform. I have since upgraded to a LMT. do yourself a favor and just save your money and buy an LMT you can get a base carbine for around 1000. they are awesome!!!!!!!:rockwoot:

STRIKER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    If you're still looking I saw CDNN was selling a S&W MP15 M4 Model for $799, with rebate bringing you to $699 for a pretty good factory made/lifetime warranty gun.

Top Bottom