• Total voters

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Tough one...

I get more enjoyment out of shooting a 1911 than anything else I have tried, so I'd go with that.

I would go with a Bersa Thunder 22 as a primary weapon. As soon as I saw someone with a 1911 on their hip, I would jump out and show them the Thunder. As a fit of laughter ensued from my adversary, I would remove the mag and fling the Thunder at their face. While momentarily stunned, I would tac-roll forward, take out the kneecap, and relieve my adversary of his 1911. Once recovered from the Thunder to the face, my adversary would grab the nearby pistol, aim, and pull the trigger. Magazine disconnects are a b***h, huh? Stunned and disappointed, he would hobble away mumbling to himself. I would take the 1911 and ambush a M1A1 tank driver while he is taking a leak on the nearby foliage. I would then commandeer the Abrams and proceed to rain 105mm death on remaining enemy threats. I would establish the city of New Abrams and assume the role of Mayor. I would then seek out other survivors to re-establish civilization and prepare for the eventual Zombie Apocolypse.

So, 22LR would be my weapon of choice.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I vote SGL-21, I have a SGL-31 and it is a blast to shoot.

In addition, if the rifle is for a true SHTF situation I would choose the SGL-21 (AK-47) or in my case a SGL-31 (AK-74) over the AR-15 or SCAR's anytime. IMO in a true SHTF situation you have to assume that you are not going to have access to any supplies.

- With an AK if you run out of CLP or Frog Lube you can still oil it with used motor oil, or lard, or anything else remotely slick. With an AR-15 you are going to be out of luck.
    - Also, in a SHTF situation you can't run to you nearest gun store or website and order a new part if you rifle breaks. With an AK you parts breakages are, most likely, going to be much later then with an AR.
    - Finally, unlike in video games and movies, you are not going to be able to raid gun stores or walmarts and get huge amounts of ammo, you are only going to have what you have stockpiled. With an AK you can buy more ammo for the same price to stockpile. (especially with an AK-74).

The AR-15 and SCAR 16 & 17 are great guns, but the AK was surviving in the Sh*t before the AR or SCAR were lines on a blueprint. :D

PS
    Yes, I do spend way to much time thinking about SHTF situations.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I kind of lean toward your thoughts too. I own an AR, but I'm thinking an AK or SCAR, simple piston weapon would be better.
    I don't like the idea of all the tiny pins and springs and **** on the AR.

I vote SGL-21, I have a SGL-31 and it is a blast to shoot.

In addition, if the rifle is for a true SHTF situation I would choose the SGL-21 (AK-47) or in my case a SGL-31 (AK-74) over the AR-15 or SCAR's anytime. IMO in a true SHTF situation you have to assume that you are not going to have access to any supplies.

- With an AK if you run out of CLP or Frog Lube you can still oil it with used motor oil, or lard, or anything else remotely slick. With an AR-15 you are going to be out of luck.
    - Also, in a SHTF situation you can't run to you nearest gun store or website and order a new part if you rifle breaks. With an AK you parts breakages are, most likely, going to be much later then with an AR.
    - Finally, unlike in video games and movies, you are not going to be able to raid gun stores or walmarts and get huge amounts of ammo, you are only going to have what you have stockpiled. With an AK you can buy more ammo for the same price to stockpile. (especially with an AK-74).

The AR-15 and SCAR 16 & 17 are great guns, but the AK was surviving in the Sh*t before the AR or SCAR were lines on a blueprint. :D

PS
    Yes, I do spend way to much time thinking about SHTF situations.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Tough one...

I get more enjoyment out of shooting a 1911 than anything else I have tried, so I'd go with that.

I would go with a Bersa Thunder 22 as a primary weapon. As soon as I saw someone with a 1911 on their hip, I would jump out and show them the Thunder. As a fit of laughter ensued from my adversary, I would remove the mag and fling the Thunder at their face. While momentarily stunned, I would tac-roll forward, take out the kneecap, and relieve my adversary of his 1911. Once recovered from the Thunder to the face, my adversary would grab the nearby pistol, aim, and pull the trigger. Magazine disconnects are a b***h, huh? Stunned and disappointed, he would hobble away mumbling to himself. I would take the 1911 and ambush a M1A1 tank driver while he is taking a leak on the nearby foliage. I would then commandeer the Abrams and proceed to rain 105mm death on remaining enemy threats. I would establish the city of New Abrams and assume the role of Mayor. I would then seek out other survivors to re-establish civilization and prepare for the eventual Zombie Apocolypse.

So, 22LR would be my weapon of choice.

:rockwoot: that thars funny. I don't care who you are.

Top Bottom